is it ok to eat cookie dough while pregnant?

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With raw egg probably not the best idea. However, the chances of getting sick are very small, just as small as getting sick from deli meat. So it's up to you. I think I had a tiny bite with my son and he's okay :)
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 5:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• If you just lick the spoon I don't think its a big deal. If you sit and eat a bowl probably not because of the raw egg factor.
    thinline

Answer by thinline at 3:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• It depends on how much you're eating, if anything you might feel sick afterwards. I lick the bowl of the bater everytime i make cookies or brownies. It's a personal perference otherwise you could always ask your doctor if it's ok. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Well I thawed a whole batch of cookie dough just to eat a few spoonfuls of it and then put it away.
    :( haha. Turns out it was recalled about a month later! If its just a little bit you are probably fine but there is always the concern of raw eggs involved.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i did, and my baby and are fine. :) that was one of my cravings.
    Anonymous

• personally the raw egg factor icks me out pregnant or not....
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• please be careful!! There's a nationwide recall of Nestle toll house cookie dough. They found it contaminated with e.Coli bacteria
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 5:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• ya just a little bit like n that ben & jerrys ice cream mix it with ice cream k???/ just a little bit or else upset tummy And poopey haha serious..
    BriannaBopp

Answer by BriannaBopp at 6:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2009