is it possible this early??

can a 2month old be teething? he drools all the time and he was super fussy today & a little warm?

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, alot of babies will start teething at 2 months but won't actually get teeth in till 4 months or later. Although it is possible to get teeth in sooner than 4 months.
    Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• yes, it's very possible.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My 7 week old is suddenly drooling a lot too - and she's fussy but I think she's having a growth spurt (explains the fussiness) and her salivary glands are working now but she doesn't really know how to swallow it yet (explains the drooling).... that was what I found in my research on the two subjects! It could be teething too - but maybe not ;)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My baby start drooling since the day he was born and didn't got his first tooth until he was 5 months old. Also my nephew has the same situation, he is 8 month old and not even one teeth
    Sofab

Answer by Sofab at 6:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• could be, Ive heard of babies being born with teeth! But drooling is a very normal part of being a baby, same with fussiness and even feeling warm. My daughter is a little furnace and I used to always think she was sick, and took her temp all day long.
    Check her gums for redness
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 6:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My daughter and neice started there teething that early as well. However it took my niece several months to actually get a tooth. And my daughter is 5 1/2 months and today i just now thought i felt it a little raised and saw some redness...but it is yet to pop through.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2009