signs of ear ache?

n 2mo. how do u know if they have a ear ache [b4 going to dr]

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hehe I'll answer yours!
    Fever is probably the first sign and Luke was pulling on his ears alot thats when I had him checked.
    Katie0224

Answer by Katie0224 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• An ear infection is just that an infection. With infection comes a fever usually pretty high in the 102+ range, the baby would be fussy and miserable and may be pulling their ear. If you think your baby has an ear infection then you should go to the doctor because they will need an antibiotic. I hope your baby is okay!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• fever - sometimes (never with my daughter. we caught them at well visits or rechecks)
    pull at ear in older children (often kids feel teething pain in the jaw and react by grabbing at the ear. Sometimes littles ones "discover" their ears too.)
    cranky, whiny, loss of appetite
    unwilling the lay down. (the pressure is worse when laying, so sometimes kids will be very upset when flat but Ok when on an incline or sitting up)

there's no surefire way to tell without the doc check the ears to see if they are inflamed.
    Anonymous

• My son, and myself, get ear infections without a fever quite often. If you suspect it doesn't hurt to have ears looked at.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• touching the ears alot.
    cranky non stop crying my kid had them and the way she gets them is cold air after the shower water in the ear go to a doctor okay something could be serious wrong...
    BriannaBopp

Answer by BriannaBopp at 6:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2009