Lasagna Ladies I have a quick question....

So I've NEVER in my life made lasagna lol and I was wondering if I made it now and was planning on eating it in about 2 hours could I put it all together and put it in the oven, without turning it on, and then finished cooking it off later would it be ok?
And, my boyfriend would like it to have ricotta and cottage cheese in it, can you do that? And if I do, do I put 2 eggs in it instead of 1?
Thank you so much! You're really helping me out!

wannabee_mommy

Asked by wannabee_mommy at 3:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I would cook it now and then reheat later in microwave....1 egg in ricto and 1 in cottage cheese. You also don't have to cook the noodles either..just take them out of the box and put between layers. When done tightly covered with alumin foil and let the oven cook the noodles. Much easier then cleaning another pan. Also, do not put the cheese on top till you reheat it again.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 3:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• any questions e-mail me
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 3:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Just to be safe............I would put it in the refrigerator between putting it together and baking. I'm not much for leaving food out at room temperature (or warm oven temperature).

Yep, you can use both types of cheese and personally, I don't think 1 or 2 eggs either way will make a difference.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• If it were me I would put it together and place it in the fridge till ready to cook. Yes you can use cottage an ricotta cheeses together, and you do not have to increase the egg.

Good luck...sounds yummy!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Thanks ladies... I love to cook and I feel like such a dummy that I don't know how to make lasagna lol.... Thanks again for all your quick and fantastic answers!
    wannabee_mommy

Answer by wannabee_mommy at 3:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yes, you can make it and then put it in the fridge to reheat later. I would NOT mix ricotta and cottage cheese, just skip the cottage cheese. I am Italian and can't stand when people use cottage cheese. Sorry!!! I put a bit of sauce on the bottom of the pan and layer; noodles, sauce, ricotta cheese, shredded mozz, seasoned ground beef and just keep going ending with noodles. I put more sauce on top, shredded mozz and parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for about an hour. My friend adds cream cheese to her ricotta cheese and it gets all creamy and yummy. You can also use sliced Italian sausage instead of ground beef.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• If you plan on making it now and eating it in two hours, the timing works out well. Especially if you cook the noodles first, mix the cheeses and eggs, assemble, and bake. If it is totally done in less than that time, lay a pan-sized piece of foil over it and let it sit in the oven at about 300 for the remaining half hour until the meal.

Answer by Bmat at 7:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I actually do mix cottage cheese and ricotta in my lasagna! Gives a nice, mild flavor. Straight ricotta is too sharp for me.

Another good thing to try is layering spinach leaves in the lasagna too--tasty!
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 4:30 AM on Jul. 11, 2009