How do i get my 3 year old through the night

I have a 3 year old daughter who is perfectly fine on goin potty during the day but i can't get her to wake up during the middle of the night or go through the night without having an accident and i don't wanna put her back in pullups cause i'm afraid she'll just go backwards on her potty training. Anyone have any advice for me. I'm soooooo tired of washing bed sheets and underwear EVERY day

countrymama1980

Asked by countrymama1980 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• don't give her anything to drink 1-2 hours before bed time
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• the fact is her bladder is not as mature as she is. the only thing you can do is wait for her bladder to catch up. i would use plastic pants or pullups at night and just explain the situation to her.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 3:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Sorry, but if she's not ready to wake up, then pull-ups are your best option. Her body is just not ready to be night-time trained yet. There are bed-wetting alarms, but if you can't wake her up, that probably won't either. It's not a negative, it's just that she's not ready. And stopping drinks before bed won't usually help if her bladder is not ready, either. Patience and understanding are your best tools, here.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I wet the bed til I was 8 so my mother had me in pull ups at night. she just called them my night time underwear. also don't put them on until RIGHT before bed that way she won't go unless she is in bed then take them off immediately after she wakes up. good luck!
    Anonymous

• does she wake up after she has the accident or just sleep through them? If she wakes up, put her in underwear and then put a diaper on over the underwear. She will feel the wetness but her sheets will not.
    nikspineapple

Answer by nikspineapple at 7:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My daughter is almost 3 and is potty trained....except for night time. We put her to bed and once she falls asleep we put a diaper on her. We tried putting it on at bedtime and she decided it was a good idea to wait to poop until she had it on. So now we wait. Once your daughter starts waking up with a dry diaper you know she knows how to control it. I wouldn't push the issue too much because that could make her go backward.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 4:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2009