are lutherans hardcore strict?

so my moms friend was a catholic her entirel ife, and i guess she just went to lutheran. i asked my mom for her email cause i wanted to ask her questions about catholicism...and she said "you dont want to do that. now that she is lutheran. she is super strict, she believes she is lesser than her husband, she's become weird and takes things way too far now"
i never thought lutherans were quote unquote, hardcore lol.

although it kinda peeved me that my mom wouldnt give me her email and let me decide. my mom is the head of her household...VERY much controls the house and her husand. so probably why she doesnt like the idea of any woman placing herself 2nd to her hubby...but just cause i talk to her doesn tmean ill start bowing down to my hubby lol. im too stubborn for that

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was raised lutheran and our house was never like that. As far as I know I'm no less than my husband. lol. Maybe she just decided to act like that on her own? I'm not sure, but that's now how lutherans are.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yes they are! I was a Lutheran but there were SO MANY rules, (I DO NOT BELIEVE ANY OF THESE ARE CORRECT AT ALL) dont live together before your married, all catholics are going to hell and so are Baptists, you have to be confirmed in order to be a member of the church.... blah blah blah! they are very strict!
    Anonymous

• Wow....my lutheran church was never like that. Me and my husband lived together before we were married, and my minister married us. We had nothing against other religions either. Maybe there are more than one type of lutheran church or something because we were never like that.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• why are catholics and baptists going to hell lol?
    i think all denominations are good to go...its all about what fits you personally....as long as you believe in god whether you call him god, jesus. allah....i highly doubt he cares about names. your good.

when i was joining the army sent me a huge glass cross and a bible and told me she would pray for me. she was catholic then...i guess her hubby wanted to switch to lutheran and she obeyed.

he's a hyprocrite though. adultery is a mortal sin if im not wrong, and he is in no way faithful to her. hell he hit on me when i was 19 and i was on leave from the army at my moms.

he wont let her take any mor ejob promotions cause she already makes more money than him and he says its wrong.....

i think she just has a controlling husband woh dictates how she will act and uses God as a scapegoat to excuse it
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• sidenote. i wish i had that cross she sent me. it was really pretty. it was more crystal than glass. it was big too and heavy....i konw that wasnt cheap. but it fell and broke.my fault for wanting ot put it on y toddler dresser..i should of konwn she would go OHH PRETTY i want to play with it lol
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I was Missorie Senate and confirmed in the church that was just like the one anon talks about. I got out when the pastors niece told me that me and my unborn child were gonna burn in hell because I "fornicated" before i was married and Im going to raise my baby in a broken home and God frowns on that! So I chuncked up the duces and found somewhere better that will accept me juat as God will!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Some yes some no... I was Myssori Synod and they were fairly strick... no women could be on any boards... our dress code wasn't so strick, our services were done in German and in English... some of the rules of the church are strick... (it's been a while for me) I would honestly have to ask my dh more about it..LOL... I am no longer Lutheran, and my dh is a non practicing on who sat on the school board and the church board as an elder for many yrs.. lots of sercets too ...
    I do know services are just that, not Mass, they don't have saints, and are close in relations to Catholics in their teachings. Jesus was God's son... our children go thru Catiecitsm(sp) starting at 12-14 not 6 or 7 as Catholics I do remember alot of standing up and sitting down... (oh the legs) at services...lol... ( I am NOT making fun... it was the religion I was raised in and that I raised my dd's in... just I did not fit in it)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i figured it was similiar to catholics...i mean lutherans were the first church to seperate from catholicism by a german guy who i dont remember his name. but i dont see why they say catholics and baptists are going to hell lol
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• moki1984... for as long as I was attending the Lutheran church of the same Synod, NOT once was it taught to us that Catholics or Baptists were going to hell any more than anyone other person who had no faith...
    Now I was very involved with the school that was ajoined to the church... dress code was regular stree clothing, we had no real strick anything... we actually opened our doors to children of lower income and paid (congration) their tution ... (they called them scholarships) I was involved with the Girl Scouts for many yrs... helped in the classrooms, worked in the Library... etc...
    I found our church less strick than I have in many others that I have visited ....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• its probably just her church...

and i really do htink her hubby is just a douche who picks and choose the parts of the bible he wants to bend to fit his will and uses that against her because her faith is so strong he knows if she says "do this...its biblical" she'll do it without questioning him because he has her convinced the man is to bein charge so says god
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2009