are you submissive ot your hubby cause of your religion

so ive heard this one a lot.......are you submissive because of your religion?
i am a housewife..i cook homemade dinners, i definitely take care of my family and i do wait on him sometimes and spoil him a bit (think oldschool stereotypical hispanic mommy ) and i fit into that...so i guess some would see me as submissive...but im not leser. we work as a team, we make team decisions, and in some situations i take the reins, others for him....but i do think the wife should take care of her family, AND the hubby should take care of the family in the ways he can and balance it all out.

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• so you decide your own and family lives decisions together and you both help each other raise kids and other things. that's the way it should be. not only for hispanics.
    Anonymous

• I am the submissive wife. But it's really definitely harder on me now that my husband has decided not to be a Christian anymore. Now when I do anything for the family, or even speak about spiritual things, I'm accused of being "Little Miss Perfect" (far from it actually, but grateful for God's saving Grace). He makes it very hard on me, and it's takes away the balance of things. Now he wants me to be the "perfect" wife, keep the house spotless, cook every meal, take 24/7 care of our 6 month old (with NO help from him, by the way) AND get a full time job on top of that. I just got an online job, and it pays very well, but since I don't receive my first pay until next week, it's not "good enough" and doesn't meet "his" standards. And since I can't be a SAHM, Perfect Wife, Working Woman, and Super Woman, he now wants a divorce....I don't want to be submissive on that, though...
    Anonymous

• Ahh... No... this is a very Equal relationship that I and my dh have...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• As anon says, we both help each other, it is a partnership. But I do keep house for him and do a lot for him that could be interpreted as submissive, except that I do it because I love him greatly and want to make his home life comfortable. And he does things for me, too, takes care of the cars, the yard work, anything requiring muscle power. In disagreements, if it really doesn't matter, I let it go. Sooner or later it comes out which was the right opinion, but then I never gloat. And he doesn't either. LOL! I am courteous to him, -not a matter of submissiveness, just wanting him to be as happy as he can be.

Answer by Bmat at 4:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• im not submissive to my husband, but i am a stay at home mom, i do the whole home made meals every night, i clean and do all the housework.i rub my husbands back when he gets home for work etc.(im a satanist, if that has anything to do with anything)

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't say I'm a submissive wife, I take care of my man just as much as he takes care of me we do it cuz we love and respect each other. We make all our decision together, I do spoil him and he spoils me, we don't keep secrets from each other and we talk about everything, he is a wonderful husband and there is nothing out there that he wouldn't do for me I was truly blessed with him and my kids, I would say we have an ideal relationship. I mean don't get me wrong we do have our problems but we always talk about them and move on

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• only when he wants me to play the role of sumbmissive wife
    Anonymous

• hah calm down first response. im not all all hispanics are like that lol. i was using a stereotypical view that helps ppl to see what i mean. if you know any oldschool hispanic grandma's you konw what i mean. relax lol.

yea necro......your rubbing his back to seduce him inot the dark ways!! haha JUST KIDDING.

i wish my hubby gave massages :-() he hates giving them grrr. if only i convert him to the ways of giving massages.

and back to first response. im not a submissive wife....i was saying this i show i am so some ppl think i am bu tim not. but i know some wives who are really subservient..to the point if they say oh hunny i made italian food tonight and he goes, i want taco's, they toss it in the garbage and make him taco's pronto and apologize.........yea seriously.

now i want some taco's. that sounds good.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• anon 421...you kinky girl you.
    moki1984

• What you described are traditional roles. If you have equal partnership, that's not being submissive lol. Submission is obeying your husband as the "final say" and head of your home. A husband who honors his wife will indeed consider her feelings but the "submission" part is that the final say is his. At least, that is how I was raised.

And no, I am not submissive to my husband because my religion does not tell me to be. I place those Bible verses into context for what they are and refuse to project the 1st century cultural treatment of women onto my 21st century family. My husband and I have different roles and carry equal weight in the family. We both make decisions and comprimise. We lead in the areas where we are strongest. He has more earning potential; this is the only reason he is "the bread winner." I am a more spiritual person, therefore, I am the spiritual "head" of the home.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2009