My daughter has abdominal pain only at night.....help

My daughter has been having stomach cramps for the past two weeks and it is starting to worry me. she is five years old and I took her to the hospital when it started and they said that it was a urinary tract infection. she got prescribed bactrim which made her stomach hurt even worse so I called the doctor and they told me to bring her in the next day and to take her off the medicine. I took her in the next day and she pees in a cup and the results come back that her urinary tract infection is gone so the doctor says that she should be fine. She was fine last week but now the last two days she has been saying that her stomach is hurting again and she vomited at like two oclock this morning. I have no idea what it could be and I am starting to get worried. Oh yeah...they did a cat scan in the hospital and her appendix came out fine...anyone have any answers or have u been through this?

Tamarock

Asked by Tamarock at 4:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I have no idea what it could be sorry hun. But i would keep bringing her in and maybe get a second opinion? Good luck , i hope she feels better soon . :)
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Nerves? A food allergy, constipation? I would bring her back for a second opinion. Keep a diary or what she eats everyday for a week and take that with to the doctor. Write down everything she eats and drinks, no matter how small of an amount.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Maybe the UTI wasn't really gone if she didn't complete the antibiotics it could have gone mostly away, showing a clean urine sample, but if any infection was left it may have come back. I would have her urine tested again.
    Or she may have gotten another infection. Sometimes at this age little girls don't wipe very well... it's more fun to hurry up and get back to playing. So maybe she needs more help keeping clean. (my sister when we were little had a bunch of UTI's I remember my mom cleaning her really well before bed and also changing the type of underwear she wore)
    I might also have her tested for strep. Sometimes strep in children shows up as abdominal pain.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2009