what is the best anti-anxiety drug?

i am now on lexapro and i am going to see a doc tomorrow to see if i can get on something else for my stress, what is the best anti-anxiety drug out there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Health

• There is no "best" anti-anxiety drug out there. What works for one, might not work for another. That goes for drugs in the same class. It's trial & error. Do you use Xanax to take the edge off as needed? Maybe you are not on the best drug for you. Hopefully, your doc will have an alternative for you tomorrow.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 11:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• no i am not on xanax
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks. I have taken Klonipin 1 mg twice a day and Paxil 60 mg, every day, however it works best for me, one in morning and once in evening for both meds. I have just resigned myself to taking this and feel NO shame in taking them. I got here through trial and error. What works for one does not necessary work for another. However, NO ONE better mess with my medicine and NO ONE better try and judge me because I take it. I have suffered from these disorders since I was a child with being told it was "just your nerves". That certainly didn't make me feel any better. Finally, as an adult, I found out what was wrong with me and got treatment. It was such a relief to realize that I really was normal; I just had a disorder, a loose connection, if you will. I wish you the best of luck.
    haroldswife

Answer by haroldswife at 1:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I agree with the first poster. There is no such thing as "one size fits all" when it comes to meds. We are all born with different body chemistry and it is all trial and error. Good luck!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Michelle
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 10:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2008