HAS ANYONE HAD A ELECTED (NOT SURE IF THATS WHAT TO CALL IT) INDUCTION.. LIKE WHERE U PICKED A DAY U WANT TO HAVE UR CHILD? NO BASHING PLEASE..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, people do it everyday. but it won't work unless baby is ready. inductions aren't as safe as people and dr's make it out to be. they should only be done if medically necessary. most inductions end in c/s.
    Anonymous

• I had one with my 2 yr old DD but I had also been in mild labor for about 5 weeks.. Went preterm at 34 weeks and the medication they gave me to stop it didn't fully work... But its not really something I would reccommend... It tends to be a pretty rough labor...
    armymom2007

Answer by armymom2007 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Doctor's generally won't do them unless they feel the baby is ready (usually they check for effacement and dilation and check on the baby to make sure everything's developed).

I refuse to go past my due date. I know a lot of people can safely do so, but the women I personally know who went late had many MANY complications due to the fact that they went late. I plan to be induced on my due date if I haven't gone into labor by then.

I see nothing wrong with it, a woman should be able to choose right? It is her body?
    Anonymous

• "most inductions end in c/s." Is this a fact? do you have proof to back it up?
    Anonymous

• My dr picked my day. I had been in labor 3 times prior to my delivery and I was ready. He was laying into my hips and pinching the nerves to my legs. But when he was born, he was very sick and the medicine the doctor gave me to boost his lungs wasn't working. He's fine now but it was scary then.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yes. As soon as our due date came and went, the Dr. gave us the option of waiting until it happened or we could pick a day. I was in nursing school with clinicals I wasn't able to miss, so we choose to be induced on a Wednesday and I was back at school that Monday for clinicals. Our Dr. wouldn't let someone get induced out of convience before the due date for liability reasons but as soon as you were over the due date you had the choice.
    jessrose825

Answer by jessrose825 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2009