i don't like you

have you ever actually said that directly to someone and been completely serious? what was the person's reaction?

mellypoo

Asked by mellypoo at 4:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have...I said it to a co-worker once. I just didn't lik her...no particular reason...you know how there's some people you just don't like? Well, she was one of them. She basically was shocked and just said 'well...ok then'...LOL!
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 4:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yeah I said that to my mom once and she slapped me lol I have said that to PLENTY of people and their reactions are just like "oh. ok well I think Im gonna go now. k bye." lol or they just look at you with a blank stare thats like, ok idk if your joking or not? lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 4:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yes I have. I don't hide how I feel about anything or anyone. If I don't like someone I will not pretend that I do, I have been very blunt about how I have no desire to be a fake. Take it or leave it, I don't give a rats ass.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• yeah i have it was to my ex bf's friend he just gave me a dumb look. he was one of those players that was after several girls at once
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 4:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I like Marcel Proust's answer: what you think of me is none of my business...

I don't think I've said anything like that since I was about 9... I don't remember ever saying it, but that's probably because it didn't make enough impact for me to recall, not because I never said it

I've had it said to me, and without exception it was said by someone who was still trapped in the grade 9 social world of 'popularity is everything.' It helps that I'm an umpire, so I'm quite used to having every person on a field (or half of them, sometimes) disliking me intensely. Some of them continue to dislike me off the field. It strikes me as a very simplistic way to decide if you like someone: they do or do not do something you prefer in this moment...

I have told people that I know they don't like me, which always unsettles them --sometimes they protest I'm wrong, but I don't usually believe them. They hate being caught!
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i also have really never said i dont like you but ive said i know you dont like me.they usually give me the yes i do.ya right.or i try the why dont you like me which never works...i think i will try that though there are a few (one)person who left for vacation and before she left she told me what she felt about me so i couldnt respond.but im thinking i dont like you will work fine...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I would like to tell my husbands boss that I hate him, but, he probably already knows it....
    Anonymous

• ya i have told people way worse before and ment it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yes, I have before I left my husband I told him that I didn't like him... the sad thing was he turned around and told me the same thing then I slapped him
    HardyFan

Answer by HardyFan at 4:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yup, i have many times. Some people just walk away. Then the next time i see them they try to talk to me, i'm like damn it!!! Thats why i TOLD you i dont like you, why are you talking to me??!!! Another time this person went on to ask me why? Really, why do you want to know why??!!! I dont like you and why i dont ,is not going to make me like you wtf??!!! I don't like stupid people.....can i get a duHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm a pretty blunt person, i'm not rude about it though, so please don't get the wrong idea. LOL
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2009