Did Timothy McVeigh have the right idea? Is violence necessary to get our Republic back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "A civil war is just want we need.... "

What a sick creature you are.
    Anonymous

• He killed innocent CHILDREN. NO, violence is NEVER the answer.
    Anonymous

• I'm not surprised THIS question is anonymous.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• LOL! I'm confused...who, exactly is 'our'? I mean, who do you think the Republic belongs to exactly? Because I was under the delusion that it belongs to EVERYBODY.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 4:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Shame on your for asking that. Americans targeting Americans isn't a right way to get our Republic back. Shame on you.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Okay, nutballs. Either own it or shut the f*ck up. I've seen that quote on this site many times used to advocate the overthrow of our current government. From CARPY at least once or twice. Maybe you should stop and think abut what you're actually saying when you use that quote. Who exactly do you want to kill to overthrow the current government?
    Anonymous

• NO! Absolutely,positively NOT! There is NEVER EVER a reason for the bloodshed of innocent people. It stuns me someone actually had the nerve to ask something like this.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• ""The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    --Thomas Jefferson

By the way, Timothy McVeigh had that quote on his t-shirt when he was arrested.
    Anonymous

• OP here: I am NOT saying I agree with this! I'm just saying this type of thinking is what I see on this site every day--people calling for the overthrow of this government. My point is that the loony right-wingers who hate Obama need to think before they start calling for "the blood of tyrants refreshing the tree of liberty." If you're going to say that, OWN IT. Think about what it really means before you say it!
    Anonymous

• I don't think Timothy McVeigh and Thomas Jefferson were on the same page there. I don't believe Thomas Jefferson meant "Go bomb that Federal Building there with the daycare inside it that has innocent babies inside." Ass.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009