Google Adsense, making money online?

I have a newborn and a two year old. Getting a job is becoming virtually impossible ( I breastfeed and she won't take a bottle even if it is breastmilk). I want to work online so that I can stay at home with my kids. I don't have a website of my own but am considering starting a blogging website. How can I use Google Adsense for extra income? I have heard of people making alot of money on it, I'm wondering if it's true or a scam. How does it work and how do I go about getting started?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• You think of unique ways to incorporate the Google Adsense ads into your website. Thus, when people are reading through your website, if they click on the Google Ads, you make money. Trust me, it's not enough to make a living at.

I have a couple of ideas for you. 

1)  I have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom:    Work at Home Series

2)  I have compiled a listing of computer jobs in my Blog, both Paypal paying jobs and other.  You can check that list out here:    Mavi's Home Work Blog

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I don't know about the google adsense, but I started an at home biz a few months back and I have 2 little boys running around my house while I work. The comp I work with has just recently won an award from the BBB so it is no scam! If you want more info, you can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to help you and get you more info! Thanks, hope we can talk soon!
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Hello! I started a google adsense on my blog and I never made anything off of it. I started working for Internet CEO Moms and it allows me to stay at home with my little DS. It's a HUGE group of moms trying to make homes healthier and safer. We do not throw parties or have inventory so that's one less thing to worry about. Check my website out at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com or email me at alyssamaliska@ymail.com. I would love to introduce you to the business. Hope to hear from you soon! :-)
    Alyssa
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Read my blog. tarasextraincome.blogspot.com for more ideas. Google adsense is free. You can start free blogs too. I have some different "get paid to write" sites. Never pay for someone to teach you about google because it's easy and free.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 5:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You can search the job boards for positions that match your skillset and have a telecommute option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2009