What toys are good for long trips for a toddler?

We are going on a 21 hour car ride with our 20 month old.

I have a portable DVD player but it's one she has to hold onto.
I have coloring books but I need some good ideas of what to get her for this long trip! She hates being in her car seat!

meghancooper

Asked by meghancooper at 5:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Travel

• no game or activity worked for mine until i got the dvd player that straps on to the back of the front seat. you can get an inexpensived one at radio shack or maybe walmart. nothing else will hold their attention for that long at that age. one thing that worked better than most was to buy a bunch of cheap toys before you go (so they are new and different to her), you just take them out one by one and they explore them and when they discard them, you go on to the next one.
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2009