Christians--when faced with hard times and mockery

are you able to step back and understand why God answers your prayers in a different way than you would expect?

I don't get it, I have prayed, prayed and prayed again for my sister to reach out and grab the hand I am giving her. She refuses to grab it yet tells the entire family she is not fighting with me. She refused to talk to me in private only when others are watching.

I want so bad to patch things up but she won't meet me for a converstation. Where is God during my prayers? Why won't He answers? I know He watches me but why doesn't He want me to patch things up? God has never left my prayers unanswered.

I try to understand

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Maybe God did answer your prayer. Maybe His answer was "NO." I don't know why, but maybe God knows something that you don't and it will only come to light when HE is ready for it too.
    For now, just be faithful with your prayers and know that God is always faithful to us. Whether we realize it or not. God answers our prayers in HIS own time, not ours.
    Keep your faith...God Bless....
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• God isn't going to force your sister to do anything - He respects free will. He might give you opportunities to reach out to her, or the patience to love her despite her actions, but He won't force her to do anything. She has to decide that on your own.
    Remember, too, that God's way isn't always our way, and He may be working in a way you don't see or expect.
    I hope things get better between you and your sister, and if you need anything just PM me!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• *has to decide that on her own, blah, lol. This is what happens when our son refuses to nap and is crying because he's too tired....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• This is where your faith comes in to play. God will do things in His own way and in His own time...and it's not up to us to decide how and when or if at all. Just because we want something doesn't mean that it's right for us...but He knows. Just keep doing the right things...and don't second guess him.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 5:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yes, I can step back, but I would never presume to think that God's answer is what I want, but rather what is needed - even if it's what's needed by someone other than myself. As first poster said, God gave us free will - doesn't mean he's going to interfere with your sister's choices and make her do what you want her to do. This is where patience and stepping back emotionally come into play. Step back from the situation and let God enter the space you vacated. Then just let it be...you can no more control your sister's reactions than God will.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• God does hear your prayers. I try not to put a time limit on God when I pray for something. I just sit back and know that he will answer my prayers in the best way and best time. Who am I to try to rush him or tell him how to answer them? Patience friend! I do not know what happened between you and your sister, but you have to be patient with her as well.No one is the same and we all deal with things differently.God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Let her go for now.. dont try to force it with her. Place her in God's hands and WAIT!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• God ALWAYS answers prayer. Sometimes he says "yes," sometimes "no," and sometimes "wait." He never guarantees us that we will get exactly what we want.

I also believe God honors choice. If your sister is not ready to come to you yet, that is her decision. We don't know what ways God is moving in her life but you do know the ways he is moving in yours. Perhaps add to your prayers that if she doesn't come around that God will give you the peace to be able to accept her decision and to forgive her for not wanting a relationship with you? Good luck :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My friend Joyce hounded me constantly to return to the church and god. Soon, I stopped going to her house or talking to her. The next time I saw her was at her own funeral. Your sister needs to decide her own path. God knows that. Maybe it's time you realized it and started treating her like a sister instead of a "project'.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• project? what project? I am not trying to change her mind on anything. what project? oh you mean the one where I try to find peace with the fact I have not talked to my sister 8 years. OK yea...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2009