Is there anyone out there who has had a natural birth and would NOT recommend it?

It seems like a lot of people who birth without pain meds absolutely swear by it. Is there anyone who had a bad experience with a birth with no meds?

Not bashing, just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had only a shot of Demerol with my first, then I did the epidural with my second. With my 3rd, I was planning on the epidural because it was wonderful, but I waited to long......and was 100% natural. Either way, I was blessed with 3 healthy children. My midwife said lots of second-time mom's go for the epidural. I can't recommend one or the other because they both have perks. I have fast labors, if I had long hard ones, I would totally want the medication.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yes, if you have half a brain you won't put youself through that... You lay there for hours, if you dare walk you are just gonna leak everywhere, so you don't. You lay in pain... I was in labor for 19 hours... Then over an hour of pushing, ripping tearing... By the time my son was actually born, I was to exausted to hold him... He was almost 6 hours old before I ever got the chance... Nope, not worth it! I had epidurals with them after that... I wish I could go back, I would with that one too...
    Anonymous

• I believe the epidural helped me to relax enough so I could dilate. I was so tense and hurting so bad that I was not letting myself open up. lol Its such a beautiful thing, I would hate to be in such pain that I couldnt enjoy any of it.
    Anonymous

• I didn't have a natural birth but a lady I know did. She thought she could go for a natural birth with her first child so when she tried it, she hated it. Then she had her second child, got an epidural and she said how wonderful it is. She recommended that I get an epidural when I was pregnant.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I would have natural birth . My first were twin boys 4min. apart and it wasnt good i was in labor fo 55 hrs. I almost had a c section but they came okay. I would have natural birth again if I had to go thru that again . My 2nd birth was natural to and was really good a little girl. And my 3rd birth was a littl boy and he was a natural birth and went well. I think you should have natural birth if every thing goes well.
    Anonymous

• I didnt have drugs with my first. I waited to long.......... With my second I had an epidural and OMG what a difference. For our 3rd, I will have an epidural...........
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

--
    I didn't have a natural birth but a lady I know did. She thought she could go for a natural birth with her first child so when she tried it, she hated it. Then she had her second child, got an epidural and she said how wonderful it is. She recommended that I get an epidural when I was pregnant.

-----
    It is nice that neither of you read the question. It asked for your natural childbirth experience, not your friends and not with an epi. Geeze! It is too bad you wanted to shove your epidurals so much that you didn't understand the question.
    Anonymous

• "It is nice that neither of you read the question. It asked for your natural childbirth experience, not your friends and not with an epi. Geeze! It is too bad you wanted to shove your epidurals so much that you didn't understand the question."

OP here: I actually appreciated their comments a lot, so you are only speaking for yourself, not the actually person who asked the question which is me. I don't know if you noticed, but your reply didn't answer the question at all!
    Anonymous

• it freaking hurts like hell and its not worth it you literally feel like your vajaja is being lit on fire and riped apart dont do it i am about to have my 2nd child and i am defiently get a epi... theres no way in hell i will ever do it natural again.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• It is not as bad as you think I had my last one nautral. and I am fine and so is baby
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2009