i need help

i'm so sad all the time. i'm happy about my baby and i can't wait for her to be here, but my hormones and the situation i'm in just makes me so depressed. i can't stop thinking about hurting myself, but it's really just a thought, i don't WANT to hurt myself, but i start thinking about my situation and my mind just goes straight to, "well, you could kill yourself." and it's frustrating, because i don't want to feel this way...these thoughts just keep creeping up on me...i want to talk to my doctor, but i'm afraid that they'll put this in my medical file or something and take my baby...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You really should talk to your doctor in my opinion. There is no need for you to suffer.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Tell your Dr, and they can probly refer you to some where where you can get counciling. I talked to a therapist when i was prego, they never tried to take away my baby but just talk to some one be fore those thoughts take over.
    Anonymous

• Do talk with a nice and helpful Dr. They wont take your baby from you (it is just a hormone imbalance that is causing these feelings and any Good Dr. or OBGYN should know that and help you in whatever way they can!) Also it really helps to talk to friends or even other moms on here just to vent! I was the same way with my second baby (I would cry and laugh at the same time - I thought I was nuts!) I think a lot had to do with not socializing and feeling lonely. We're here if you wanna talk!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 6:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Definatly talk to your dr. My sister was going threw this and she actually did cut her self after the baby was born. She was soo embarassed to ask for help but I told her to look at her dd and decide what kind of a life she wants for her, if she wanted to be there for her dd then she had to get help and my sister did get help and she is soo much better. I told her that asking for help is the best thing and I was so proud of her for doing so. I had her go to a counsler and although she thought it was dumb at first it has really helped her. She said at first she didnt need a counsler because she already tells me everything but I think its always good to talk to a perfessional. So think about your baby and then take the next step and get help not just for you but for that baby you will have soon.
    Anonymous

• All these mamas are right, your doctor wont take your baby away, just offer you a form of treatment. Its ok to feel this way, and normal in a since, dont think for one second what your feeling is not normal or bad, because its not your fault.
    Your doctor knows it, we know it, you should know it too.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 6:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• please talk to your dr. i had a hormonal imbalance with my first, and severe postpartum depression. my dr sent me to a free confidential clinic to talk to a therapist oncea week, and towards the end of my preg, he put me on a low dose of antidepressants to help with the hormone imbalance. after i had my dd (since i did not breastfeed) he upped the dosage, then weened me off of it as i started getting back to normal. your dr wants to help you. they wont take your baby. you'll be a great mom. no wories. message me if you want to talk or vent or anything.
    raineslibramom

Answer by raineslibramom at 7:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• oh, I am so sorry you are going through this. If it was me I would talk to my doctor. Just because you feel this way and they put it in your file does NOT mean that they will take your baby away. They can't, you haven't done anything wrong. Please get help though.
    LilMommie86

Answer by LilMommie86 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2009