I am searching for twin captains beds for my 2 older boys, but on a budget, any suggestions?

heyimmom

Asked by heyimmom at 6:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Shopping

• try craigslist or www.freecycle.org

Answer by admckenzie at 6:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Craigslist is a good place to start, although you're being pretty specific about the type of bed you're looking for, so it might be harder to find. Also, in my area we have an Unclaimed Freight and in FL there was a similar place, American Freight where you could get furniture for WAY cheap. You could look into rent to own, although you'll get screwed in the ass with interest and you have to pay every week with them.
    But, good luck to you! I hope you find what you're looking for
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 6:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I have been watching Craigslist and I have found that ebay isn't so helpful these days. The reason I am looking for Captains beds is, I have 2 boys sharing a room, they had bunk beds but hate them now, 10 and 11 yrs old, they want their own space. But also with dresser and 2 desks in their room, there isnt much space for their other things like what toys and what nots. I thought the drawers would be a nice storage option, and look good..hmmm..I'll keep shopping
    heyimmom

Answer by heyimmom at 6:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I found this one...which I think is pretty cheap and includes FREE SHIPPING!!

http://www.ifurn.com/southshore_2713080.html

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:22 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I got one for my sons room at Wal-Mart. Of course it isn't solid wood, but it's sturdy and will withstand several years or more of use. It was around $150. It has the bookshelf headboard and the drawers underneath. Then all I needed to get was a mattress (no box spring needed) and that was another $100 at the mattress store. They also had a couple of different finishes to choose from.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Try IKEA I got my sons for under $100.00
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2009