Real at home jobs?

Do any moms know of any "real" at home jobs (not on the phone because of noisy toddlers) and that aren't scams? Also nothing you have to pay them to get a job! I think all of those are scams! Thanks!

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 6:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• No there are no real at home jobs besides daycare or running a business from your home. But things like TruChocolate or Zango those you pay a lot of money for then you have people pay a lot of money and you only recieve a few dollars from it. Same as Avon there are things like ChaCha that don't cost but you have to sit at a computer for hours, they pay you $.20 a question so you have to answer questions all day to make money and sometimes people are not asking questions on ChaCha so your just sitting there waiting for people to ask questions. If you own your home try looking into daycare, they pay you to put things in your home, they pay you to buy food and then the kids just start coming in. It's a good idea if you can handle a ton of little ones all day!!
    Anonymous

•  

I have a couple of ideas for you. 

1)  I have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom:    Work at Home Series

2)  I have compiled a listing of computer jobs in my Blog, both Paypal paying jobs and other.  You can check that list out here:    Mavi's Home Work Blog

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I have a great idea for you! I just started an at home biz from my house with my two little boys running around. I work around them so they can't be heard and I absolutely love it! The comp I work with just recently won an award from the BBB so it is no scam. I would love to help you and get you more info. You can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live. Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• There is a list of home jobs on my site. However not all are going to fit for you. And not all are hiring at the moment, so it may take you a minute to sift through them all. I did try to list them in categories but there is a long list... Just click on Work @ Home Jobs on the left hand side...

www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Hello! There are real work at home jobs out there. I got laid off in April and I was determined to find something that would allow me to. I work for Internet CEO Moms and we are a HUGE team of moms that help other people make their homes safer and healthier. We are legit and I am loving what I am doing. Everyone is so positive and it's like we are a big group of friends. Check my website out at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com. I would love to introduce the business to you :-)
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Is there anything where you work for some company though? Like you don't have to have a business idea of your own? My main thing is I do want to be with my kids and even if I did get a job in my community it would cost me more to work (in baby sitter/ daycare cost than I would make) -so it's pointless!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 8:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I work at home as a freelance writer........very easy (and free) to sign up....... Here's one of my articles:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1520380/best_forums_message_boards_and_online.html?cat=31
    Anonymous

• SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 11:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Read my blog for some good ideas. I update it frequently. tarasextraincome.blogspot.com
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 5:24 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You can search the job boards for positions that match your skillset and have a telecommute option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2009