is it horrible for my so to want it to be just me and him in the room when our dd is born? did u have any issues with ppl being upset with u because of it? and how did u deal with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No that is how it is suppose to be, my mom ended up in the room with me with my first child b/c my DH had only slept 1 hour and he said I was being a pain so she stepped in while he slept! But with our DD everyone was there but it was only me and my DH in the room.
    Anonymous

• We made it clear in our Delivery Plan that my husband and I were to be the ONLY people in the delivery suite (aside of course from hospital staff!). If anyone has an "issue" with YOUR plans, tell then you weren't there for the conception, and you're not going to be their for the birth! You are all welcome to come in and see the baby AFTERWARDS....period!

Anyone who truly cares about you and your husband will "deal." Honestly, I never understood the fascination with WANTING family friends in the delivery room during the birth?!?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I agree. that is the way it should be. It's not a circus act or entertainment for others. It's birth of a child. Others should respect that.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• No. It's not horrible at all. People were in and out of my room the whole time the first time, I finally just had to say to everyone "get out". You are going to be in a lot of pain and you won't want people around for that. We're calling everyone AFTER the baby is born this time, because like 30 people came into the room before I even got to hold him or clean up or anything last time and we weren't even left alone until like 9 that night. It's not horrible at all. As far as people being mad at you, tell them they can be in the waiting room and see the baby on your terms. I'm sure they just aren't thinking about how it was when they were giving birth or with someone who was.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 6:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Not even remotely horrible, that's exactly how I wanted it and thats how I had it. Such a special time for you and DH, the rest of the world can wait.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• DH and I were the only ones in the delivery room. I was fine with other people in the room but DH was adament that it would just be us. I respected his wish and was actually really happy about it in the long run.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• This is why I'm glad the closest family to us live 600 miles away.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• thats what we wanted. our hospitals here now state that you may have only 2 attending the birth, and none waiting in wait rooms - got too chaotic.

we had some that wanted to come and wait, but we nixed that asap. some said well whatever, so we just didn't tell them when we went in to have baby.

its your delivery, your time to be with your s/o - you shouldn't have to stress about the other people showing up and ruining what is your private moment.

the nurses and doctors should know your wishes so that if anyone does show up then they can take care of it and request people to leave or whatever.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• when i have my twins its going to be just me and my husband. my mil wants to go in there and she is upset that she cant got in there but i dont care. my husband just politlely told her that she could be in the waiting room and come and see the baby as soon as the girls are born. she is upset and that her problem not mine.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 7:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• It was a non issue for us, we both agree we wanted it to just be me and him. It is our baby, and between us.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2009