It's a tough spot and i cant get out...

My Husband was recently cut his work hours to 20 hours a week. I am currently pregnant with our first child. This left us broke so we had to move in with my Mom(but we were fine until his hours were cut). I Clean most of her house. The only thing I dont clean is the kitchen cause being pregnant & washing the dirty dishes makes me vomit. otherwise I would clean her kitchen. Its my Little sisters chore anyway. I clean & mow the yards(while pregnant) take care of her pool! & we pay her rent for our room & buy all the groceries on DH's tiny pay checks. Today she had the nerve to come into my rented room & say we never helped her or did anything for her. we were lazy yadda yadda yadda. Mind you my Whole life growing up with her this is how it was. She has control problems. if she isnt in control she is mad, & she is never satisfied. How can we get our own place? what should I do? there is no money! DH & I hate it here

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• In school when I would bring home A's on my report card she would say "we'll you could have done better with an A+" I was always an A student I never had a grade below a B in my whole schooling life and she always had some way of bringing me down. Thats how bad she is!
    Anonymous

• Can you call a pregnancy crisis center and get help with housing that is low-income since your DH's hours got cut? Section 8 housing, anything? Food stamps? Desperate times call for desperate measures!!!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Were you watching me last year???
    This sounds soo much like my life last summer! We had to move in with my parents for 4 months and it just about drove my marriage apart. My mom complained how I never helped (which I did, ALOT) and my husband couldn't handle any more of it. I was pregnant with our second. I had horrible "morning" sickness that lasted all day for 8 months and on top of that I had high blood pressure and had to "take it easy" or else I would miscarry or have to be on bed rest. But that didn't matter to my mom. She just wanted me to take over all of her cleaning and cooking.
    Anyways, long story short, the only thing that helped was moving out. We were out of there almost the second we closed on our house. I wish I could be more help and tell you some great secret to fix everything. Unfortunately it is like you are a kid again "my house my rules".
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 6:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• HUD housing

Answer by admckenzie at 6:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Don't know if this would help, but have you thought about at home biz? Just a suggestion and could be a great financial asset to you. I work with a comp that recently won an award from the BBB so it is no scam. I would love to get you more info if you are interested. You can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or just email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to help you and have you and your fam living the financial dream you deserve!
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I would be at the PA office ASAP and get as much assistance as I can and move out. Also, your should NOT be cutting the grass while pregnant, it is not safe and neither is being verbally abused. You can also apply for emergency housing at the PA office.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Read my blog. There's some ideas there. Also, I clean for a lady and help with her laundry and I'm over 8 months pregnant. Some people waitress until their water breaks. There's nothing wrong with working while you're pregnant. Stick an ad on craigslist to be a cleaning lady. $15hourly is cheap. Specify what you're willing to do. Most do floors, dusting, and bathrooms.

tarasextraincome.blogspot.com
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 5:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Call 2-1-1
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 1:25 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I know how you feel. I live with my mother in law for 8 months when I first married my husband. 15 years later reading your story brings back memories. I was pregnant with my twins at the time. You may not want to hear this; you have to change your thoughts and control what comes out of your mouth. Why? Because your thoughts, words and actions are a true manifestation of your life. Try to focus only on what you want and stay away from talking about things that make you unhappy. Energy flows where attention goes. I know you are venting right now. If you want to see change you have to change the way you feel about your situation. Trust me I was there and I had to take my mind to place that brought me joy. This is only temporary. Most people don’t realize we prolong situations we hate because we give too much attention to it.
    I truly wish you nothing but the best!
    linden94

Answer by linden94 at 4:43 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• If you can work from home where you are currently living read this!
    No Investment or Fees required ever.

I’m a stay at home mom of 14 year old twin girls and a 2 year old boy.
    This job is great supplemental income. If you are looking for some extra weekly income take a look at this real work from home. I found it on one of the job boards monster, simply hire, career builder etc…. I’ve searched a long time to find a real work from home job and now I am sharing it with others.

I want to be clear here this is NOT a business opportunity this is a work from home position. It’s easy and fun best of all it keeps me very close here at home with my children. You set your own hours. I work in the Human Resources Department of ASP and I do the interviews and hiring of applicants. When you fill out the online application you will be called for an interview.

http://www.employmentfromhome.net/p319502

linden94

Answer by linden94 at 4:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2009