Another Depo Question...

So I have gone off the depo provera shot and I finally got my period for the first time in over 5 yrs. I have been bleeding for almost 14 days now and I'm wondering since i have high blood pressure will I be able to go on a birth control that will regulate my periods or should I ride it out and let my body naturally flush itself without adding any more crap in to my system? I can not have any more kids but my Obgyn says she wouldn't suggest me having my tubes tied because I weight to much...I said what no fat people get their tubes tied. Needless to say I'm going for a second opinion but none the less..I don't want to bleed for months either. I am concerned and furious at the same time......

afriend4life

Asked by afriend4life at 6:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Health

• I don't know how much you weigh - I hope this doesn't offend you - but if you are obese surgery is a lot more risky for you, especially if you are obese AND have high blood pressure... There are a lot of other methods of b/c that don't involve surgery. My sister has an IUD and says it's great...it doesn't put any hormones in your body or anything. Maybe that would be a good choice for you. Good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2009