What did you do with your wedding dress after you got married?

I have this beautiful dress that I will never wear again (especially after having a baby! lol!) and I don't know if I should keep it for sentiment, or get rid of it? Is that bad to rid of your wedding dress? What did you do ladies?

SgtsWife1982

Asked by SgtsWife1982 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I gave it away. My wedding was a Vegas disaster, as was the marriage. I have no daughters and the dress had nothing but unhappy memories attached to it. I gave it to someone else in the hopes that they could find a happy memory in wearing it.
    Anonymous

• I am getting married next month, and I plan on reselling it! I paid a lot of money, and would like to make some back! lol I highly doubt that if I have a daughter she will want to wear it! I am sure that she will want to experiance trying on a million dresses, and just knowning when she finds the right one! Just like I enjoyed having thoses memories with my mom! My mom didnt keep her dress, but I seen pictures and there is no way that I would have worn it!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 7:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Something I have been meaning to do since my wedding (almost 4 years ago!) is to have it made into a blanket or pillow - that way I can use it or at least put it somewhere to display and not lose the memory...I will never wear it again and mine wasn't really expensive so I can't imagine trying to keep it for any reason!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I am keeping mine- when my daughters get married, we will use a piece of my gown to help make their gowns.
    6littlestitches

Answer by 6littlestitches at 7:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I used my aunt's. She had no children. I was taller than she and a little thinner, so it worked out well. I had another sister who wore it a number of years later. My other sister wore my mother's wedding dress. So if you have nieces or daughters, you may want to save it.

Answer by Bmat at 7:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I put mine in a kitchen vacum seal machine (yes, the one you can use for meat) so I can give it to my daughter when she grows up. I know probably she is going to think "DO I HAVE TO WEAR THAT?" or maybe not. Anyway the vacum take off the air so doesn't turn yellow and conserves itself like new.
    Sofab

Answer by Sofab at 7:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• nothing for along time. I just recently cut it up to make a baptismal gown for DD.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I took it to my local dry cleaners and got it cleaned then put in a viewing box along with the veil, tiara and pillow. I have 2 girls and if they want to wear it that's great and even if they don't I will keep it forever (One of the happiest days of my life!)
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 7:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Mine is still hanging in my closet 21 years later (as of yesterday).  It's been through three house moves and two countries.  It will probably still be hanging there when I die.  Maybe one of my daughters will wear it on her wedding day.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i am not sure what I want to do with mine, maybe keep it in case I get married again..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2009