Stomach flu....Has anybody had a recent bout of the stomach flu with a toddler?

Kimberly2009

Asked by Kimberly2009 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Health

• My two year old had it a few earlier this year. It was horrible! She ended up needing an IV cause she couldnt even hold down a few sips of juice, in a week she lost 3 pounds!
    Anne.Marie

Answer by Anne.Marie at 7:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Oh my goodness yes! My 3 year old just got over a terrible bug that lasted 6 days! It was awful I took him to the doctor twice over it because it got so bad! All you can do is wait it out and try and make them as comfortable as possible. Dehydration is the worst that can happen so make sure they are getting plenty of fluids and if they can't keep them down use electrolyte strips or something. Hope your little one gets better soon!
    littleguys_rule

Answer by littleguys_rule at 7:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yes! She threw up all over the house, ran a fever, then had diarrhea for a day, followed by 10 days of loose stools. Hope your little one doesn't have it as bad as my daughter!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2009