maybe tmi but i wanna know.

okay i had my first child all natural with no epi i didn't "poop" on myself about 20 mins before she came out i went used the bathroom. I am haveing another baby in 3 weeks and i am having a epi. I wanna know is it true people "poop" on themselves in labor and how can i not do this. that is very embarassing and i dont want to do that in front of my SO and mother in law and family. please help me. Also is labor easier with a epi?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had an epi, and Im getting it again...I pushed my DD out in less than 9 mins. I did poop while pushing, most women do. Honeslty at that point no one will even notice (unless your step mom is like mine cause she is the one who told me after) I had my MIL in the room when I gave birth to #1 and she will be there for #2. It was just as much her grandchild as it was my moms. You will be fine, there really isnt any way to prevent the pooping...if it happens it happens.
    Anonymous

• I had the epidural, it was great. I didn't feel pain when I pushed. And if I pooped, honestly, I don't know because I didn't see it. And my hubby never said I did....I haven't asked lol.
    Anonymous

• Nobody will even notice. My husband didn't notice till the doctor was cleaning me up and the baby was being weighed and everything. A lot of people do it and when it comes time you wont give a damn if you do it or not.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• yes its very true. the only way I can think to avoid it would be to give yourself an enema once you go into labor or just before... I got an epi and ended up with a c-section so I can't tell you if pushing is easier but it definitely took the pain of the contractions away! Once I was numb though I kept farting and there was nothing I could do to hide it - I didn't even feel it coming on! My SO got a real kick out of that ;)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• you're allowing your MIL to be in the room?? wow.
    stepmom929

• i love my MIL but i would never have her in the room with me.

And, stats show that 75% of women poo whilst in labour. So, i wouldn;t worry about it. If it happens it happens.
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 7:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i want my mil in there with me she is very sweet and naturing unlike my mom who laughed the whole time the first time. and its her 1st and last grandson. i wont be having more kids and my SO is an only child. so yeah i want her there to witness it. and to take care of me.
    Anonymous

• While it is true most women do, the staff is so good, you or others MOST of the time never know. If you are pushing out a 7 pound baby, anything left in the rectum is bound to come out LOL. You can give yourself an enemia before you go to the hospital if you like or you can ask the staff to give you one before active labor begins. If you are luck, your body will get rid of it before labor, some women have diarrhea before labor.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• there's so much other 'stuff' coming out of you during labour, especially after your water's broken I wouldn't really worry about it. no one will say anything and if they do....they have no tact.

I'm pretty sure I did, not sure.....it was the least of my worries. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i had an epidural with my daughter and i didnt poop while giving birth. right before they gave it to me they had me go to the bathroom and she told me to take my time and get everything out that i had in me because i wouldnt be able to get up for a while.

and if you do poop.. oh well!! there are millions of ladies that do it. the doctors arent going to care.. and whoever is there watching you give birth is going to be so caught up in that baby that they probably wont even notice. dont worry about it!!
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 7:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2009