I have a 2 year old who will be 3 in August. She will go to the potty some times but not all the time. What should I do to get her to go all the time.

Potty training

Asked by sweetmama2005 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sometimes is better than never! I'd say she is on her way! Just keep asking her if she has to go. Do you offer her rewards? Some moms don't believe in that. Maybe you could make a chart...for each day she goes all the time, she gets a sticker. Say when she gets 10 stickers, she can pick something from the dollar store or something. Just some thoughts...

Answer by gaamom at 11:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I finally got mt 2 yr old girl to use the potty all the time! She was doing it sometimes, When she was wearing a pull up. And she just like to be able to pee wear ever she was.. So I made her stop wearing the pulls during the day and wear long as she had panties on she would go to the potty but if she was wearin the pull up she would pee in it every time... Good luck

Answer by emturner at 1:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• She's on her way... don't PUSH her or she will resist. Keep taking her to the potty & praising her when she goes. If rewards & stuff never worked before, they won't now. If she starts doing worse, then threaten to put her back in diapers. A lot of kids don't want to be a baby after they've been a big kid for so long... just be patient. She'll figure it out!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Go to Target and have her pick out her favorite unders and let her come home and model for everyone she will be proud of her "little mermaids, or whatver" and may be encouraged to no get them wet.

Answer by rosetoes at 10:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2008