Why wouldnt you want your MIL in the delivery room with you??

I was reading answers to another question and everyone said they wouldnt let her in...and I am just curios why not? It is her grandbaby too? Seems a little on fair to me...its not like she is checking out your snatch.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• *Curious
    Anonymous

• I asked my mother in law she said NOPE! but my boys grandmother was there for the birth of my sec. son.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Because I wanted that moment to be just mine and my husband's. She understood completely and came in shortly after the baby was born.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• my mother in law showed up while I was pushing. She was on the list to be let in but the nurse asked me if I wanted her to come in and in the middle of a push just said "I don't know!!!" so the nurse told her not right now, lol. I felt really bad about it later.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• If the first thing my baby heard was my MIL voice it would scar them for life!!!! LOL
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 7:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• If she wanted to, I wouldn't mind one bit. I love my MIL and wouldn't have any problem sharing that experience with her. If I ever get another one, it will just be my husband and me if he's here and if not it will be my mom and I, just because we live on the otherside of the country from my MIL and the rest of my family. If she flew out though, she sure can come in the room.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• because I didn't want her there. i didn't want anyone in the delivery room except my husband..it's a private time...they can wait to see the baby after he's born...my rules...simple as that...having a baby is stressful...scary and etc...each person is different...if something went wrong, I wouldn't want them to be in the doctor's way...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 7:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• No one was in the delivery room with me except DH both times. That was a very intimate moment for us and no one else. It was our babies and we wanted our time with him/her alone before the big introduction to the family. With Number two after our time together we invited just number one in for a little while before introducing to the family. In the labor room. I let every one come in and visit with us some until I was at about 5 cm. and had then had enough visiting. lol
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I only let my husband in the room, not even my mom was allowed in. (only during delivery, during labor anyone could be there) I figured he was there when we made her he was the only person that needed to be there for the birth. Very soon after I let everyone back in the room... but that was our moment.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I was blessed to be in the delivery room with both daughters-in-law. For the first, I was there about the time she was admitted and actually got to feel a little useful. For the other, the OB didn't want anyone but the husband in the delivery room at the time of the birth, but I got to stand in a partitioned area and see most of the birth. They are events close to my heart. I got to hold the babies very soon after their births. It was a wonderful gift to me to be invited both times.

Answer by Bmat at 7:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2009