postpartum problems

I had my son a month ago and was wondering if it is normal to sweat alot when your sleeping? I also have been nightmares and getting anxiety attacks since I've had him.... I'm talking at least once a day... is it a hormonal thing or is it something I should be worried about?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to go to the doc. It is part of postpartum. You may have a type of postpartum anxiety. I know i had to take some med for post partum but mine was for depression. You should not be having that so definetely check up with your doc. Make sure you do.
    lilmomma998

Answer by lilmomma998 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I had those problems, but it was within the 2 weeks after I had my son. The night sweats were easily solved by keeping water by my bed to drink when I woke up hot... I also wore less. The anxiety, for me, was a normal part of new motherhood. I worried all the time that he would stop breathing or choke in the car, etc. It got better as he got older. I say, if it's interfering with your life (the anxiety) then go get help. Otherwise, try to relax and realize that you are bound to worry for the welfare of your child. The night sweats should stop soon. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. That will help flush out the excess fluid your body retained during pregnancy.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• the anxiety attacks I have are like me feeling like I'm dying, heart racing, chest pains all that....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• yea thats something you need to have checked out by your doctor...i had the night sweats too, but mine went away after a couple weeks..i just had my baby a month ago also.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Did you have problems with your sciatic nerve while pregnant? If so, it could be that it's still being clamped. Sleep on your left side as if you were pregnant again, so your blood can flow easier. If this doesn't help in a week or two, see a doctor.
    mommyoftwins903

Answer by mommyoftwins903 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I had some serious night sweats the first couple weeks too. I was told it was hormonal and normal and they went away after a couple of weeks...As for the panic attacks you may want to talk to your doc about that if it's not just the normal worrying mom type feelings...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• the sweating is normal the anxiety panic attacks and nightmares not so much. Talk to your dictor you may have ppd or postpatum panic/anxiety disorder which is often misdiagnosed as ppd
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 10:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Try going to see a chiropractor and make sure you are eating right. Focus on yourself and your child, and little else. Relax. Hot tea...lots of naps, etc. If these things don't help, try seeing a doctor, but since you are bfing, I suggest no meds if at all possible.
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 10:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Look it's a massive change that you are going through. I had night sweats and anxiety and I would always wake up to check the baby. And felt much more confident at 2 months. I did not have a lot of love and support around me though and I blame that.

Eat well and rest and surround yourself with positivity and love. It does get better.
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2009