How would you cook chicken thighs?

My inlaws bought a family pack of chicken thighs while they were visiting and they ended up in the freezer. We're making a few on the grill tonight, but I need to cook the rest today so they don't go bad. I will make enchiladas and soup with the cooked chicken over the weekend, I just don't know the best way to cook them (I always do boneless skinless, these are bone in with skin..) Thanks!

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 8:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I like them baked. I put them in a pan with seasoned salt over them. Cover the pan with foil, and bake until the are done- 350- about 40 minutes. They make some nicely flavored broth that is good over noodles, rice or potatoes.

Answer by Bmat at 8:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Instead of seasoned salt, I put them on a bed of chopped onion, cook for @ 30 min @ 350º and then slather with lots of bbq sauce and cook them the rest of the way uncovered. The sauce mixes with the onion and makes a nice bbq gravy.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I'm probably too late for this, but I would just grill them all up. Eat what you want tonight and then refrigerate the rest. You can slice, shred, whatever the rest once they are cool and you are ready to use them.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• On the grill with some homemade BBQ sauce...that's probably my husband's favorite thing to cook at home!

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 3:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2009