head pain

i had my baby 2 months ago, and ever since then ive been having this really bad head pain, almost untolerable, ive been to the ER 5 times, seen my ob about it he gave me some meds for "tention head ahce" and said that my baby was the cause, that being a new mom was stressfull. ive seen my family dr. she set me up a full eye exam and a mri. all tests came back normal. i had a cat scan done and blood work at the ER came back normal. alot of people and nurses at the hostpila say its from my epedural, but i talked to the guy who did my epedural and said taht he is 100 percent postive its not from it. and recomended me go to a nurologist. and thoughts on it?

liltexchick

Asked by liltexchick at 8:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Health

• I had a spinal fluid leak from my epidural but that caused the headache only when i sat up or stood up. Laying down I was fine. If that is what you are feeling that see another doctor. If you just have random severe headaches then they are probably migraines and I recommend Excedrin migraine or excedrin for tension headaches. These have always worked better then prescriptions for me.
    fuelsgirl2

Answer by fuelsgirl2 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I had unbearable head pain from a botched epidural at the naval hospital Balboa years ago. They used a spinal needle, which is larger and it caused the spinal fluids to leak. I believe that you might can tell if its the spinal fluids if you lie down on the stomach and rest and see if it improves. I can't say that this would be your answer, but it can't hurt to try it.

If it did improve the pain, then you should definitely mention it again to your doctor. Try to rest when you can when you have the headaches.

Lately, I have found that orange flavored Goody's powders work so perfectly for me and work within a few min. It is a powder so it gets into the blood stream very quickly. I would call my doctor in case you are nursing, b/c Goody's is simply acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• see the drs ask me the same thing, is it any better when u stand up or lay down, and theres no difference, except when i stand up it pounds, and when i lay down its just constant. no one can understand it, maybe the nurologist is the best?
    liltexchick

Answer by liltexchick at 2:58 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• this is a very common side effect of an epidural (you should have discovered this in your prenatal research), and can last a year or more. that said, you should be seen by a doctor to rule out other issues.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2009