Does anyone know if this works...

I'm 38 1/2 weeks pregnant and dilated to 2 cm. I had been having contractions for the past 2 weeks or so (braxton hicks contractions) and had my membranes stripped yesterday and now the contractions have pretty much stopped. A few girls I work with suggested taking some castor oil to get things moving. Did this work for anyone?? Is it safe? Any help would really be appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I hate to bust your bubble, but it didn't work for me at all. It didn't even make me go to the bathroom, lol
    DYMOND24

Answer by DYMOND24 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I didn't do it personally, but a friend of mine did and it just made her poop a lot. She regretted it. Trust me you don't have long! Just be a little patient (easier said then done, I know.)
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Oh I tried that and all it did was send me to the bathroom every 30 minutes. I couldn't even go to school the next day!
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 9:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2009