is 8 months to young for table food?

like noodles, bread, hamburger, chicken etc... is little chunks that he won't choke on

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, not too young at all. You can give them just about whatever you eat, just cut it up finer.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• No its not too young for table food. My son has been eating everything i eat since about 6.5-7months. My son is now 10 months and eats chicked, hotdogs, hambuger, pasta, beans, chips, and basically everything i have, he doesn't have teeth, but does good even with the bigger things.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 8:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• no, 8 months is not too young, but i made sure my kids started out with soft and healthy foods first. Good eating habits started early is a habit i wish i would have done with my first son. I learned my lesson with my second 2 sons. I fed my boys what i felt comfortably with. So use your best judgement.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Eight months is not too young to eat nutritious family foods but of course you want to follow the guidelines on how to start solid foods. After a baby is 6 months, can sit up, can pick up food himself, and can swallow food then it is time to start. Banana is a good first food. It's a good idea to wait a week between adding new foods. Yams and avacados are other good first foods.

Then babies need meat because they are at the age they need more iron. They can eat meat that has been made soft so they can eat it. Processed meats like hot dogs, italian sausage, and lunchmeat should not be fed to babies or toddlers.

These guidelines should be followed to avoid allergies, avoid digestive problems, to provide optimal nutrition for development, to prevent future health problems, and to prevent future obesity. There is great info on starting solids on the La Leche League Website and kellymom.com
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I think you should have a look at the professionals. Check out www.wholesomebabyfood.com for all the information that you need and recipes. Not sure if this is the age to start meat... My DD is 4 months and just starting out with all the recipes they suggested. GL
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Everything you listed sounds fine to me... but I would be a little wary of the chicken depending on how its cooked it is harder to gum. unless he has teeth already and then its definatly fine.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 11:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2009