Wedding favors

I need ideas! I dont want to waste my money on things poeple wont use or dont care about! Help!

mrsmamaj

Asked by mrsmamaj at 8:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Shopping

• My wedding favors were heart shaped candy tins full of white and maroon M&M's
    Anonymous

• My hubby likes golf so we did personalized golf balls. We also had flower seeds. I just googled wedding favors and bought all of mine online. And there are a ton of ideas on the web too.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• We did silver coffee scoops, my wedding was 6 years ago and we still use ours and I know guests that still use theirs too. My close second choice were silver ice cream scoops =) A small picture frame used to display the place setting cards are a great idea too.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• For one favor, we are having a photo booth. (like at malls) Guests can take unlimited pictures and the strips of pictures come personalized with our daughter's & her fiance's name & wedding date. Also, each guest will receive a picture frame specially made to fit the picture.

For the other favor, since they are having a garden themed wedding, each guest will be getting a mason jar decorated with a ribbon and lace in the wedding colors, with a flower planted in it. The tag will have an appropriate saying or poem and their names & wedding dates. It will be some type of flower that will come up every year.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I bought small bottles of Martinelli's sparkling cider (the ones that look like tiny champagne bottles) and made my own labels with a pretty monogram and some silly fake nutrition information.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/464589671_d75b275659.jpg?v=0 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo booth idea.

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• We had our wedding on the beach, so we got little tin buckets from the Oriental Trading Company (I think) and then we bought small star fish and glued magnets to them. We put the magnets on the buckets and then filled the buckets with salt water taffy.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• We had engraved champagne flutes with our names and wedding date put on them, and gave a pair to each couple. We then filled the champagne glasses with fall colored Jelly Belly'sand coordinating tulle and ribbon...they were fun and festive and a nice keepsake and certainly re-usable! :o)

I used to have my own business making wedding favors (mostly when I was a SAHM, now just here and there)...perhaps I can give you more ideas if you want to PM me with your theme, colors, and budget and expected number of guests?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My ex bf just got married, my sister went to the wedding and she told me they had mini terra cota planters with a packet of wild flowers for everyone to take home...she thought this was really a nice idea.
    I dumped that ex to marry my husband......long story....anyway we had hershey's "kisses and hugs" wrapped in little peices of netting from a fabric store...the thought was "kisses and hugs to everyone for sharing our special day"
    Oh!! my girls went to a cousins wedding (on their dad's side ) and the favor was sunglasses and a note saying " our future is so bright!! you gotta wear shades"
    Now that's cute!

wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• We made Hershy Kiss Roses... Very Beautiful! And very easy!... Plus anyone that wants to keep something as a reminder like all the junk stuff... we wrote our names and wedding date on the leaves... I know some of my friends still have the leaves long after the chocolate is gone...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My wedding favor were stervling sliver picture frame with double hearts on the right hand concer and we also had on the table lil sliver bag with our names and date of our marriage.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2009