Postive test one day, the next day negative?

My boyfriend and I have been trying to conceive for several months. I have one year old twins and would adore another baby. I took a pregnancy test on Wednesday morning (11 am.) It was very faint positive line. Then, yesterday (4 pm) I took another pregnancy test and this one was negative. I can't get a doctor's appointment until late this month. Am I pregnant or not?

mommyoftwins903

Asked by mommyoftwins903 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Take another test as spoon as you wake up. That's when you are most likely to get an accurate answer. I'm guessing you are since your 11am test came back positive. Good luck!!!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• lol!! That should be as soon...not as spoon >.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I had the same thing happen with me, and it just turned out I was very early in the pregnancy. Those tests react to the HCG in your system, and most likely if you have ANY HCG in your system, you are pregnant. Its easier to get a false neg. than it is to get a false pos.! Good luck :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I'm a medical lab tech and I know an explaination. In the morning your urine is more concentrated. The afternoon test may have been negative because your urine was not as concentrated (had more water in it).

I have some advice you can take or leave. The World Health Organization recommends waiting 24 months before trying to concieve for many reasons including allowing the mother's body to fully recover and build iron stores. Since you had twins it may take longer for your body.

It's difficult to be pregnant and care for toddlers. If you be on bedrest or be hospitalized it would be devastating for your twins. What if you had twins again and they had to be in the NICU.
    You would be a single mother of a newborn and twins under 2. Is your boyfriend or family prepared to support you financially. You would have all the difficulties of having children with two different men.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i second the advice that maybe you should wait longer if your not pregnant. you have 1 year old twins, and they will be a handful, add a newborn to that and you will be over worked...not to mention the added financial burden...you have 2, be happy with that...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i got a false positive last cycle....then i got a negative the next day then got my period...GL
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 5:58 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• how late are you? if you took a dollar store test that could be why, i got a false positive on it. Maybe get an EPT or a digital Best of luck to you
    crissysworld

Answer by crissysworld at 1:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My period is eight days late. Also, my boyfriend and I are financially sound. My boyfriend is a cop and I'm a CNA. I don't appreciate the chick that basically said that single mothers can't make it. The only reason my boyfriend and I aren't married is because we don't need a piece of paper to say that we are married. Marriage is in people's hearts not in black and white.
    mommyoftwins903

Answer by mommyoftwins903 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2009