Christians-what bible verse did you read today?

I need a good verse about letting go and letting God.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Psalms 121:1 - 8 Song of Ascents God, the help of those who seek him
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Here it is:
    I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. 2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. 3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. 4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. 6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. 8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I read 1 Timothy 11-16 to my brother and sister (they are memorizing verse 12.)
    "11 Command and teach these things. 12 Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. 14 Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you. 15 Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers. "

Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I LOVE that verse.... Psalm 121. I know two songs from those verses and they actually really were helpful during my parent's divorce. God truely has shown me that He is my help :) and NEVER leaves me.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• leviticus chapters 17- 21
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2009