What do you think of the Chrsitians Coalition?

Do you agree with them? Do you think they are more of a government minded group or just about religious "freedom?" Do you think they are right that this country needs to "go back to god?"
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sounds a little like the Spanish Inquisition to me.

Anonymous

• is that a Christian Mining Co? LOL (get it? COAL ition?)
    Anonymous

• They are a political group wearing the guise of a religion. It's a bad mix in this country as they haven't understood that this country should not be and was designed not to be a theocracy. I can't stand them or their politics. As to getting more religious, I think this country has more genuine religious people even though diverse than other nations, so "getting back to god" has already been achieved, just not their god..
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i don't think much
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 9:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Let's just say I'm not fond of this organization. And no, I don't agree with a lot of their ideals.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• First it's Christian Coalition. Second, righteousness doesn't come from Washington DC. Groups like this seem to think the moral/spiritual problems in this country can be solved legislatively, but they can't. You take any moral issue, say abortion. Most Christians especially those who are more conservative, are antiabortion. So you make it illegal. Do you think that makes abortions stop? No. Homosexuality, some in the Christian community believe it is wrong, so we pass laws like Prop. 8 here in CA. Do people stop being homosexual no.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Despite being Christian, I just don't like the whole idea of lobbyist groups. I wish DC wouldn't let any of them in.
    Anonymous

• I forgot about the last part of the question-"this country needs to go back to god".. two issues here. First, this country was never a "christian nation" although many of the founding fathers were religious most were diast, that is they believed in God but believed He created and let man run things, in their minds God wasn't interested in the day to day activities of humans.  The values that the country is founded on are found in most religions.

Also, remember one of the biggest reasons this country sought independance from England, religious freedom.  I don't want government dictating religion to anyone.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Actually, the Nazi Party is what comes to mind. I can totally see the C.C. walking into congress, as the Gestapo did, trying to intimidate the government and force their own agenda on the whole of society. Yeah, their leader DOES kind of act just like Hitler, doesn't he!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i do NOT agree w/ them. i had to go to their website to make sure i got the gist of what they stood for. i will never understand the need to make my religion the law of the land. but i wouldnt be surprised if this group is using Christians to get their agenda out there.

one good thing i noticed: i checked pretty hard, but never found anything that said "you should do XYZ b/c its what a good Christian should do". i was really expecting to find something along those lines

i dont think America needs to "go back to God", but rather get back to being good citizens who care about other ppl instead of just "me me me!" & "gimme gimme gimme!"
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2009