Feeling like a loser here.... why didn't anyone want to be in the delivery room with me?

I have had two boys. All of my close family lives in the same city as me. My mom and dad are about a 3 minute drive away, MIL is about 10. No one wanted to go in the delivery room with me with either of my babies. Even my own husband didn't want to go. He doesn't do well around blood, so I didn't push it too much. But reading here on CM has made me feel kinda bad. Not my mom, sisters, MIL, SIL, no one would go into the delivery room with me. No one even showed interest in it.
I am not a mean person, or annoying or anything. I am pretty sure my family all likes me. With both deliveries the Dr and Nurses were all surprised how well I did. No screaming or making a huge deal. Just calm and peaceful. WTF?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did you ask anyone to go with you? Personally I'm surprised when I see people talking about having anyone aside from their husband in the room with them - but that's just me! Maybe they all just assumed that you didn't want anyone in with you for modesty reasons...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I was kind of thinking the same thing as the above poster. Maybe they thought YOU didn't want them in and didn't want to "intrude" on the moment. Maybe they thought it was your DH's place and they didn't want to overstep their bounds. If you have any more kids, maybe you could ask mom/sis/mil to be in the room with you. I would probably feel the same as you looking at it from your end, but thinking of it independently, maybe they were just trying to spare you from having to make the difficult decision to tell them no if you didn't want them there. Personally I would have offered if I knew you...I have had 3 babies and never seen one born the old fashioned way. I think it would be fascinating!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i didnt give mine a choice they were coming in there with me... my mom laughed at me the whole time and told me i was gonna be in there forever and my mil started praying..lol... my lil girls dad threw up... maybe i shouldve went alone. but if you want em in there tell.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2009