Has anyone ever got tired of being a stay home mom?

HI i am a little bummed out. I go to school three nights a week and I also stay home with the kids so we can save money on daycare but I am getting run out my man gets to go out and have fun with his freinds but when it is time for me I get told take the kids I get tired of being stuck here 24 7 7 days a week to stare at walls I am just bummed out right now he is off with freinds as we speak a couple doors down from me but still I am stuck here Is there any else who goes trhough this and if so how do you handle it?

GatorChick

Asked by GatorChick at 9:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, my hubby doesn't go out, but I do get jealous that he can just hope in the car and leave for an 1 or 2 running errands and gets time away from the kids. I usually just shrug it off and go about my business. There's really IMO not much you can do, but be a good mom and wife and hope that your SO notices that and gives you a break. If not, ask him for one day to watch the kids so you can have you time.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• hop not hope.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• You don't have the kids 24/7. You go to school 3 nights a week.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yup, dealing with it right now actually. I don't know how to deal with it. I know in my situation I really have no other choice and my SO is pretty compassionate to me about having to stay home all the time. If I could even go for a walk or bike ride with my kids it would help but we live on a busy road and there is no where to walk but in the road for nearly 2 blocks so taking my kids and walking in the road is out of the question. My best advice to you is that you sit down with your SO and tell him you need to be able to get out and have 'me' time. Tell him you two can go out together and get a babysitter for the night or he has to watch the kids wile you go out as many nights a week as he goes out. It is extremely important for a stay at home mom to have time away from the kids with just other adults, and your SO should respect that when you tell him. If he doesn't you got some underlying problems that need to be addressed.
    Anonymous

• You aren't home 24/7 if you go to classes 3 times a week. You are a student, possibly a full time student if you are taking that many classes. The first thing that will help is to change what you think about yourself and tell others - you are a student and you aren't home 24/7.

Then there is the issue of your man. You must not be married. Are some or all of the kids his? How much does he care for them? You need to work out with him how much he goes out.

You don't have to stare at the walls. Get together with other moms & kids, trade child care so you can go out, take your kids out to do fun things. Since you aren't married it's good for you to learn how to do these kind of things so if he leaves it's less devastating.

Becoming a mom for some women means not being able to do certain things they did before as often or at all.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I only go to school one night a week at the school and I take the other two online at home and he moans and groans for that because I am gone four hrs and we have not been out by ourselves for 3 yrs he goes out not all the time but he still goes but when he says he is going to the store that usually means he will be gone for 3to 4 hrs I am here crying right now b/c a freind of mine is staying with me but she is off her with her honey and he is out playing donimos and I get stuck here once more i get told we cant go no where b/c we have no money but yet he can I am about to have a nervous break down
    GatorChick

Answer by GatorChick at 9:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Sounds like you are more sick of the way your relationship with your man is going than the Mom part. Tell him how you feel. I have to tell my husband EVERYTHING and he is like, oh jeez, I had no idea and then things change. I think they are just not as in tune as we want them to be!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i would love if i could take classes at night, hell even onilne! but we cant afford that, yes the only time i get to leave the house is to go the store,,, things have been super hectic latley with us trying to open a new business and move all at the same time.. i have tried to find a moms group in my area but sadley ther isnt one, and im too busy at the moment to set one up! try taking the kids for a stroller ride.. or to the park.. fresh air always makes me feel better... and tell your SO that if he wants to go out than he nends to watch the kids so you can too... my SO dosent go out but works extremley long weird hours but i know if i truley want to go out he will watch the kids
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Sweetheart relax & calm down, you just have to make him hear you. Try & relax & stay calm, getting all upset & stressing doesn't help anything, I know it is hard & almost literally unbearable. Have you thought about a part time job? Even if you don't make any extra money it would at least pay for a babysitter a couple days a week & you can get time with other adults. Maybe a night or 2 out 2! Pick a job that you can have FUN working. I personally like working a pizza places, they are so much fun! The work is pretty fun too. Even if you can't get a part time job relax. It would be a good idea to go to play groups. The kids play & the moms talk. Local play groups can be found all over the place. Mom's do have to give up things they once used to be able to do it is your sacrifice for being a mom & being able to watch your beautiful babies grow into wonderful adults, but you don't have to give up everything. hope this helps sweety
    Anonymous

• It does help but we do not have moms groups here if so I am not aware of it I am going crazy here sitting here by myslef with the kids while he is out having fun I do want to see him tonight and I would love to get a part time job but we can not afford to pay a babysitter and then I have to by home by 2 to pick the kids up from school I dont maybe when I get my degree and I start my carrer then maybe he will change b/c I will never be home I am working night time and he is not going to like that so if he leaves b/c my job then it wasnt meant to be This sucks Life sucks I settle young and had a baby young and never got to expereice life and this is what I get in return i guess i will just have to settle
    GatorChick

Answer by GatorChick at 10:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2009