Im TERRIFIED!

Ok so my husband and I are both active duty and are stantioned across country from each other. He will not be able to make it to the birth of our first born. My mil is going to fly out when i go into labor but may not make it in time. I have no family or friends near by. Im scared i will have to go through childbirth alone. Have anyone of you gone through this? How did you cope? Any simulars storys?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my hubby is active duty and will be deployed. hopefully he will be able to come home for r&r around my due date, but no guarantees. It is terrifying to go through this with no family or friends. We are in Hawaii, all family is in nm. and so far, no one is able to come out here because they all work and stuff. All I can say is hang in there and be glad your mil is even planning to make it out there.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• There should be nurses and assistants at the nursing center who are compassionate and have comforted and helped many moms giving birth on their own. Maybe you should visit your center and express your fears and talk it out so that you feel better.

Answer by Bmat at 9:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• See if you're hospital offers volunteer doulas. If they don't you can always hire one. Doulas are WONDERFUL support and will stay by your side through everything so you aren't alone. I am having one in the room with me even though my fiance will be in there as well.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i delivered my first baby without anyone but nurses in the room. no one else could get there in time. i really didn't want anyone in there until about 5 min before i delivered and then it was all over and my mom got to the hospital and i was busy trying to get baby to boob and she didn't stay very long cause they were to busy with me and baby for me to talk to her. i visited everyone when i got home. i would totally go for a doula though they are wonderful.
    lilgirlsmomma

Answer by lilgirlsmomma at 10:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I had a nurse and no one else. Back in the old days. The doctor wasn't even there. You will be so busy when the time comes, you won't have time to worry. You can even take a friend with you. It is so different now. Don't worry. Someone will be happy to go with you. Just ask.
    POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 2:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Consider a doula. They are a BLESSING. I will probably be delivering my next child (when I conceive it :p) in Arizona, 800 miles away from my family. Only my husband will be there, and men are no good at labor support :p Actually, mine is, but anyway, get a doula, they're great :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i also recommend that you look into getting a doula. they are wonderful support partners.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2009