How long does it take to get pregnant after using the depo shot for 9 months?

I have been using the depo shot(birthcontrol) for nine months and I have stop using it since April, now the shot is supposed to be taken every three months therefore I have been off it for three months now and im ready to conceive. I think that I may be pregnant now, I had a regular cycle in May and I had two cycles in the month of June, My breast were really tender for about a week, ive been moody, sad one moment and mad the next, ive been waking up in the middle of the night and unable to go back to sleep, I have Charlie horses in my leggs in the middle of the night and I have someone lost my appetite. I already took a test last week and the test took like hours to show the results. Can somebody give me there thoughts on this, im stressing cause I want another baby and I think my minds playing tricks on me...LOL

Mrs.AmberMarie

Asked by Mrs.AmberMarie at 9:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It took me almost a full year. Keep in mind I had been using depo for a solid 5 years and became pregant after (finally!) getting my monthly cycle twice.. so my experience may not be relative to someone who was only using depo for 9 months.

Hours to show results is a little odd. And the symptoms could just be your body readjusting after using the shot... BUT you never know! Try testing again in a week! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I had my last shot Feb. 2008 ... I then conceived Feb. 2009 almost to the day. The doctors were kinda surprised though, seeing as the shot messed up my cycles pretty bad, caused a lot of hormonal imbalances, & they were pretty sure I wouldn't be able to conceive until at LEAST Dec. 2010 or so...They were wrong =/ Good luck though!!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• BTW...I had only gotten 3 shots total...So that equals 9months...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I was only on depo for 2 shots worth (6 mos) and it took me 6 years to get pregnant after. Pretty sure there was a miscarriage along the way, but yeah, its not an easy road especially if the shot messes with your body. Good luck and sorry for the crappy answer
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I got 3 shots so nine months, and I got pregnant in 6 months. GL
    Anonymous

• When I stopped Depo I didn't have a period until 9-10mths later. It sucked because I wanted a baby so bad but after 2 periods, actually a lil before, I got pregnant! The only thing I know to say is that it is hard to tell bc Depo is different for everyone. I hope you are, good luck! Oh but don't stress if your not, just give it some time.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009