Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


ok so I called to change my address for my medical coupon because I get medical from the state because me and SO wouldnt be able to make it without it. They told me that I was on the chilren's medical program instead of the Pregnancy medical program. The medical was cut off on my birthday which was the 7th of july. Now I am not sure if I have any medical at all. So now I am 27weeks and have a appointment on monday but I am not sure if I am going to be able to make my appointment. How is it that they would mess up my medical like that ?

Answer Question

Asked by NiNio9 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • First find out if they are going to put you on the Medicaid for Pregnant women program because when you filled out the application did you check the box that said applying for pregnant person...It really shouldn't be a problem for them to just switch your information to the proper program. talk to your case worker...Good Luck

    Answer by DYMOND24 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

  • make sure you have a dr. verification of pregnancy when you go to switch to pregnancy medical. most dr. offices will work with you if you explain what is going on if it works better try to reschedule for later in the week or the following week that way you can get a couple extra days to get DSHS on the right page.

    Answer by lilgirlsmomma at 10:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

  • I have state medical too and I would still go to the appointment...I'm almost positive that once you get the medical back, they will pay for 3 months back worth of bills. I started going to the doc about 5 weeks before I finally got my state medical and they paid for everything I owed. (as long as your doc will see you while you dont have the coverage.) I wouldn't miss an appointment though...those check-ups are too important!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

  • still go to the appt!!! IF they ask dont say you switched insurance or your not sure if you have it. Just say your stuff is the same. If you need to change it then you can at the next appt. Find your state paperwork and call your worker. Call them every day until you reach someone or just go down to the office in the morning and ask to speak to them. They will back-date your insurance to cover the appointment as long as you have proof of pregnancy, which your doc can give you if you don't have it already.

    Answer by kristal2146 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

  • the last time i forgot my medical card they made me wait over half an hour before i was about to see the doctor. I can't call and ask them because the offices arent open yet. which sucks cause i want to get the glucose test over with

    Answer by NiNio9 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.