Who did/want in the delivery room? How was labour?

I had my wonderful SO, mom and my aunt. I had my aunt there because she lived in the same city as me, and my mom lived 6 hours away.
LOL But my little one wanted her Zsa Zsa very much to be there, I went through a whole 28 hr labour to have my mom be there in the end. As soon as my mom walked through that door I started to cry, and the nurse said that I was 7 centimetres dialated and ready to push =)

DesignerMom0801

Asked by DesignerMom0801 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had only my husband in with me for babies #1 & 2. Then, when our daughter & son (babies 1 & 2) were 21 & 14, they were in with my husband and me for baby #3, along with my mom & dad. Baby #4 was an emerg c-sec, so my husband couldn't be in with me. I did have my Dr., and another OB specialist, a NICU Dr., & several nurses in for baby #4.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I had my SO with me, and that's how I wanted it. I had to be induced, so we went to the hospital Sunday evening, and instructed his family not to show up until Monday, and even then, they were not allowed to be in the room at all. We did allow them to come into the room an hour after the baby was born. It was nice having a little bonding time before the thongs of family members showed up!

(My family lives 3000 miles away)

Along with SO, my doctor, his 3 student doctors, and an assortment of nurses were on hand, all of which were VERY helpful!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i had my mom and my aunty and my cousin (my aunties daughter) i couldnt ask for a better group to be there with me! im very close to my auntie and cousin and my cousin was a BIG help! i was sad though when she left..she left like a hr before i had to start pushin i was so sad. but i was in labor for 21 hrs and pushed for 19 mins in the beginning they were playing cards and talkin and havin a great time lol and my aunty started takin pics right before i was gonna start pushing and i yelled at her and said if you dont get that Fing camera out of my face lol...poor aunty. but it was so much fun till the pain started kicking in really bad
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• but for my next baby (whenever that will be) i want my s/o my mom and my aunty there and prob try to sneak my cousin in too lol i dont think you can have that many but that never stopped my family lol shh
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• my SO (her father) and my mom.. my dad was there until I was about 4 centimeters dialated, ( I was induced) and he was driving me nuts, so I kicked him out. lol. my brother was across the hall with his gf and her mom waiting for his son to be born. they were born (my brothers son, and my daughter) an hour and a half apart :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Preg #1: No one because ex-husband wasn't interested at all. My MIL was there, though, and blurted out, "Wow, I never thought you were a REAL redhead until I saw you give birth!" She was talking about the color of my pubes. Nice, huh?

Preg #2: DH#2 (current and forever hubby).
    Preg #3: DH.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2009