Can you refrigerate hard boiled eggs?

I hate eggs but my little monster likes them. So I had to learn how to make my first hard boiled egg. Lol. I guess I did a good job cause she liked it. So are there any egg rules? Can I put them back in the fridge after I cook them? Does with or without the shell affect that? How long are they good for sitting out or in the fridge? (w/ or w/out shell) Any tips in general on making them?

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 10:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You can refrigerate them w/ or w/out the shell. Better w/ the shell i think. They can last awhile, not sure exaclty how long but they should be fine. You can also make some egg salad. Just add Mayo, a little mustard, salt and pepper. Your LO would prob love that!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yep. I usually boil extra and then leave them in the shell. They will keep in the fridge for a while-I don't really know how long. Maybe a week.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• you can totally put them back in the fridge after they are cooled. it is better to leave the shell on until your lil un is ready to eat it otherwise the outside gets rubbery if it is peeled.
    lilgirlsmomma

Answer by lilgirlsmomma at 10:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Aren't you supposed to store the eggs in the fridge?
    Anonymous

• You NEED to refrigerate them. After you boil them, wait about 10 minutes and immediately refridgerate them. Eggs left at room temp will go bad and make you sick. I would definitely not leave them out of the fridge for more than 30-60 minutes TOPs. Rule of thumb for hard boiled eggs is to keep them 1 week. What is not used at that point should be discarded.
    YuppyMom

Answer by YuppyMom at 10:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• You NEED to refrigerate them unless you want food poisioning. I wouldn't eat them after about a week.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I boil extra eggs all the time. I actually found an interesting little contraption from Tuesday Morning that boils mine perfectly and only takes a few minutes. I always make extra, tho. I prob. wouldn't make more than she can eat in 3-5 days. Eggs might stay fresh longer, but the flavor begins to suffer just a bit.

A good way to re-heat these eggs is to either boil a cup of water in the microwave or pour hot water in a coffee mug. Put the already-boiled-egg into the hot water and let it warm for just a few minutes.

Works for us. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My daddy taught my momma and my momma taught me how to make the perfect hard boiled egg every time...

Fill your pan with water...just cool water straight out of the tap, place your eggs in the pan and turn on the heat. Cook for 20 min. then pour off the hot water...refill the pan with cold water.

As others have said you can store them in the fridge with or without the shell. If you cook as said above. Your eggs will be perfect every time too. Enjoy!
    Anonymous

• http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/food_expiration_dates.asp

I've posted this link before...it has been one of my most used favorites...it lists the shelf life of numerous food products...refrigerated...frozen...etc...hope it helps!!!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 11:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• thanks gals
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2009