Low Protein diet??

My boyfriend was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism, in researching it further I found it can help to eat foods lower in protein. Does anybody have any suggestions on a low protein menu?? or what foods would be best??

klipp

Asked by klipp at 10:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Don't eat alot of meat and beans, lentils or split peas.He should see a nutritionist to get the exact servings a day of protein but I think it's like 1oz of meat and beans a day.You also have to give up some fruits and desserts,even some vegetables have protein in them which you have to avoid.I read on the internet, I looked up low protein diets and they said, you can eat as much fat as you want to make up for the protein loss but a low protein diet isn't healthy so he should take supplements, I would think check with a nutritionalist for more info.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 10:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2009