what is your SO role at home?

do they cook, clean, play with the kids? do they work full or part time on top of this or do they stay home while you work? just curious. df works full time (5am to 1pm) when he gets home (at 1:30) he takes a nap then gets up and cooks dinner. he plays with ds for a while then some nights helps put him to bed while others he's just too tired. so what is your SO's role at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• My DH is in the military and is usually overseas. When he is home i try to make him feel as relaxed and comfortable as possible. And he tries to give me a break. It's a constant stuggle between the two of us on who gets to have the break. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My hubby works full time plus, comes home plays with the kids and gives me a break, on the weekends he helps me clean or whatever it is I need help with, I put the baby to bed and he puts the oldest to bed and then I go in and say goodnite hugs and kisses,
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My husband is a coal miner and works long hard hours but when he is home he loves to play with our boys and he cooks for me as well.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• He cooks...i cant i wanna learn but I really just suck and he's great so he'd rather do it than try my experiment...LOL
    He cleans...neat freak...he cleans more than me
    He works full-time
    So when he wants a beer or to hang with his "boys" I have no objection because he's great and clearly not lazy.

Oh we're expecting but the most he can do is talk to the baby thru my belly, go to my doctors appts, help me get good exercise, and feel the baby
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• my hubbys role at home is to play with our son and help me with cleaning. nights that we grill (only on weekends occasionally) he grills. other than that-ALL his meals are cooked his house is clean (he helps) and our son is taken care of. he works nights for the airforce
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My DH works and goes to school full time, so during the week, I cook, clean and do all the major chores. We're expecting so he doesn't have a role with the baby other than feeling him move around some :) On the weekends, he gives me a break and cooks (he's a GREAT cook!) and he walks the dogs, etc. During the week though he's just so tired that I want to make him as comfortable as possible, since he's going to school to provide better for us!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 10:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My dh is military. On top of his job he does all the dishes and the laundry and some of the house work. He only cooks maybe once or twice a month if theres something that only he can make (like steaks and chili.)
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 10:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• he does nothing he is supposed to do trash but that never happens he works about 65 hours a weeks and pays bills i stay home due in 36 days.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My husband works overtime, he'll help with the laundry, dishes, and sometimes he tries to cook, and he's good at it, but he makes a horrible mess, so i try not to let him. He tries to help clean other things, but he's not good at them, but at least he tries. He does the yardwork though. He takes care of the kids about the same as me, and he tries to spend time with them, but sometimes theyre in bed before he gets home.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• All you ladies should be so grateful you have hubbies that are so kind. My ex huddy did none of the above, he rarely worked and never did house work. he sometimes cooked but soon after we got married he stopped doing that too. Well I guess that is a small reason why he is now my ex. I have now been living with my youngest sons father for 9 months. He works 40+ hours a week and sometimes helps clean. When he wasn't working he helped alot, now it is really only when i ask him to, but at least he does it when I ask. He plays with both my boys every chance he gets. On the weekends he cooks unless I beat him to the kitchen(we both LOVE to cook for each other). And we compete with each other on bringing each other breakfast in bed. He sometimes gets up with my boys in the morning and lets me sleep in. He does ALL the outdoor work and works on my car. I feel for the most part he pulls his own weight.
    lilmama4d_j

Answer by lilmama4d_j at 10:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2009