restless feet and legs!

I'm almost 13 weeks pregnant and about the past couple weeks I've been getting terrible restless feet if I sit for longer than about a half hour.  The nurse at my doctors office told me that magnesium oxide could help.  1 pill (250 MG) at bedtime is what was recommended.  I've also read that magnesium could have an effect on an unborn baby-does anyone know if it is safe for my baby if I take magnesium or does anyone know of anything else that works?

buckeyewifey

Asked by buckeyewifey at 10:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I used to have awful restless leg syndrome. What worked for me is to take an Omega 3-6-9 oil capsule.
    I know it worked, because whenever I didn't take it for a week or so, I would get twitching legs at night when I tried to sleep!
    As for the magnesium, I know it helps with constipation and is given to reduce high blood pressure. I don't know if it's safe for your baby....
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I had that also, my doc said more calcium.
    Anonymous

• im 13 weeks also and i have bad pains in my legs when im sleeping.. Im going to tell my doc about this next week when I go.. I think its normal ..
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2009