question about my cat

I have a 14weeks old cat and when i first got him he lived out side well i brought him into my home cause i felt sorry for him well he is bitting my kids and everything do you think it would be ok for me to make him an outside cat again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pets

• Watch putting a collar on him because if he jumps over a fence in a panic he can hang himself I have always had outside cats and I will never put a collar on them because they are dangerous. If you are concerned about him getting lost have him micro-chipped but it depends on if you live in a city or in a rural area i live in a rural area and i have never had a problem with loosing my cats except to coyotes or owls but it has only happened 2 times in 15 years.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Sure. I assume you haven't had him declawed, so it should be fine. Get him a collar with a name tag and your phone number. Make sure he knows where he can come to get regular meals and water, and he will keep coming back. Give him lots of petting when he does come home.

PLEASE have him neutered BEFORE letting him roam the neighborhood! There's too many homeless cats as it is.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Get him a collar with a name tag and your phone number on it. Make sure he knows where he can come to get regular meals and water from you. And mostof all for the first week or so keep an eye on the cat making sure it doesnt stray off.
    Anonymous

• Have you taken him to a vet...we had a similar situation many, many years ago...my mother found a cat half frozen sitting by our window a week before Christmas. But once inside...she tore the room up, shredded curtains, peed on everything. My mom took her to a vet explained the situation, got her shots and spayed and she calmed down a whole lot!!! She ended up being the most wonderful snuggly indoor cat and lived to be 15 years old!!!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 11:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• he's just a kitten give him a chance when he bites pat him on the butt and in a stern voice tell him no he need disiplin just like human kids do.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 4:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I am a foster and volunteer for my local cat shelter. We take in strays and ferals. Right now i have 4 13 weeks old kittens and have had them since they were 2 weeks old. They are doing the same thing to my kids and i. Whether we want to play or not..lol One thing i can say is to NOT play with your kitten using your hands or feet, only your kittens toys. If he does by chance start biting or scratching just redirect him back to the toys. But you need to make sure no one is playing with him using their hands because them he wont get better. He will grow out of it if your very strict on the ""no using your hands" rule.
    itsokmomshere

Answer by itsokmomshere at 8:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• All of my cats were "biters" when they were kittens. It's what they do at that age. I totally understand not wanting him biting your kids, but you can teach the kids to not put their hands in his face and you can teach the cat what is acceptable to play with. They really and truly do grow out of this phase though.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2009