For those who have gotten out of an abusive relationship...

Did you ever start regretting leaving? want to call him or talk to him, to act like you never left, even know that if you did go back that things would enver change but possibly get worse? Surely I'm not the only one having conflicting feelings? I left almost a week ago now and I've been through alot this past week, but especially at night I just want to call him and talk to him, and act liek I never left. But I know I did the right thing, there's no question about that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• It is always hard to leave..But you need to keep remembering why you left. The abuse..And your not going to put up with some dumb ass guy doing that to you.Ever again

Answer by louise2 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• im going through the same thing an it hurts but in the end it will be worth it
    i know thats hard to beleive now bc i still have yet to beleive it but if we thinkbout it we both know its true just tuff it out u can do it if u nd to talk im hear
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• time will heal, keep busy
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• never looked back, and he tried calling me a month later, but i didnt reply and i'm glad
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• It hurt like hell for the first month but if you stick to your guns and don't speak to him or give in...it does get better. And no, I have NOOOOOO regrets! Best damn choice I ever made!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• You may be having these feelings because you are addicted to the treatment you were given. I am this way with my ex. I was so used to being treated bad that if I am treated good then I feel that something is wrong.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 11:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Be careful. if you got out, don't go back. You are fragile right now and he knows it too. No one enjoys being mistreated, but the heart has a mind of its own, just stay busy and DON'T GO BACK OR CALL. Take care , brave one.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I am sorry you are going through this hard time. It is a great time for you to draw close to God. If it was an abusive relationship, you deserve so much better. It is hard to go from being in a relationship to being alone. It is a huge adjustment. I know because I have been in your shoes. It felt just like experiencing a death. I could have written every word of your question. I left my relationship twice, after 11 and 12 years and went back twice. What I have learned is that being alone is hard but not as hard as being alone with someone right next to you. The more you talk to him, the more you may feel comfortable in going back. Of course things are going to be better now because he is lonely and probably treating you good now. Without counseling and MAJOR, LONG TERM changes, I would suggest you stay where you are right now. Read the book "Woman Thou Art Loosed". You can do this and there's a better tomorrow
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It's just a week- it takes time yes i have separated for a year now and nights were the hardest. Use this time to find yourself and be strong it will get easier and you'll be able to take care of yourself. I do. And it is the greatest feeling in the world. He begs to come back but damage done.
    debbiewebbie

Answer by debbiewebbie at 6:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2009