Pleast talk to your teenagers, you cannot beat a train:

This happened Thursday, it is so so sad. A 14 y/o girl w/4 other 14-17 y/o boys. The driver did not acknowledge the R/R crossing gates AT ALL! I pray for this families: http://www.detnews.com/article/20090710/METRO01/907100417/Video-shows-vehicle-failed-to-stop-at-train-crossing

marihand

Asked by marihand at 11:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I dont know how much you can talk to them for them to understand that you cant beat a train. I dont know why ANYONE would try. I have seen it way too often that people go around the gates just to get threw the crossing and i think that should be an offense that gets your license revoked.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Oh and i should say if you live after you ignore a crossings warnings your license should be revoked!
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i just used your link and watched that video. that is horrible. i see people do it all the time it just makes you think what kind of adreneline rush they have to try something so stupid.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 11:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Not only did the driver try to beat a train, but the driver drove around the crossing gates. You can talk to teens until you run out of breath and they are still not going to listen, they think they are invincible.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• This story is too sad. I guess the driver's license was suspended THE DAY BEFORE this happened for speeding and running a stop sign...it never would have happened if he would not have driven as he was supposed to do- being suspended! What a shame. The terror that those kids in the car must have felt when they saw the train coming upon them so fast, so scary. Because of one boy's bad decision! I did talk to my kids about it and just wanted to make them aware. We have a while until they are driving but you better believe I will be talking to them about who they should allow to drive and take their lives in their hands!
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 11:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2009