how long

ok my son will be 2 weeks on monday and i was wondering how long did everybody wait before they had sex again??? now i didn't rip or tear or anything...... will it hurt me if we try

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 11:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should wait until you go back for your postpartum checkup. Usually it's recommended to wait until the bloodflow stops.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Wow you are lucky you didn't rip or tear. I always tore so I waited the full 6 weeks.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• also i have stoped bleeding
    wiggsbabe

Answer by wiggsbabe at 11:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I had a c-section and tried to use a tampon at 4weeks PP and it hurt like shit. ive not had sex since i was 30weeks preggo and my DD is 4 1/2 months old but my DH is deployed. So i dont know about sex but a tampon hurt like hell and its small. so to each their own i guess.
    Kenzismommy09

Answer by Kenzismommy09 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Well u will feel as u are getting ripped of again... Sometimes women bleed again and yes u should wait just because u can hurt ure insides bad..Let your body rest ...At least for 4 weeks...
    Ellie.407

Answer by Ellie.407 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Kudos to you...I didn't feel like having sex for quite some time. Ask your Doc at your postpartum check but you should get the all clear...remember the inside of your body has to heal, sex too early could cause hemorrage.
    nkent

Answer by nkent at 11:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i didnt rip or tear either. i waited 4 1/2 weeks. It was uncmfortable and a little painful in the beginning, but not so much that i wanted to stop.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i was 5 weeks postpartum when i started to have sex again. i had stopped bleeding and it was bit uncomfortable.. i wouldnt say it was painful.. but we juts went slow and easy.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 12:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i had a c section and i waited 2 weeks. i had stopped bleeding but i was so sexually deprivven all i wanted was to just feel my hubby inside me. we tried to have sex but it was a little more uncomfy then i had expected. so we stopped. but ill add. just feeling his stiffy in me made me happy lol :)
    chris-s-wife

Answer by chris-s-wife at 12:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• When my daughter was 2 weeks old I didn't even have the energy to think about sex never mind do it!! I had a c-section and a fairly complicated birth so I was still pretty sore at 6 weeks. I think the key is to wait until your given the all clear from you doctor and have the energy for it.
    Have fun :)
    mtmommy1

Answer by mtmommy1 at 1:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2009